News By Tag
News By Place
Resolve to Engage Employees in 2010
With New Year's resolutions broken and forgotten, it is time to make a new resolution for 2010 - to Engage your workforce.
1. Resolve to communicate EVERYTHING – Engaged employees are employees who truly care about their company. In order for them to care, employees need to know what decisions are being made and actions that are being taken by the management team.
2. Resolve to listen – a good manager takes ideas and feedback from everyone on the team, not just the highest-ranking employees. Letting employees know that their thoughts and ideas matter will show them that they are important in the workplace and help them to feel more satisfied with their jobs.
3. Resolve to reward employees – Hard work deserves recognition. Informing employees that they have done a great job will encourage them to keep up the good work, as well as help them become more Engaged.
4. Resolve to put your company’s focus on customer service – It is a proven fact that Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement are linked to one another
5. Resolve to set attainable goals – Creating attainable goals for employees is a good way to motivate them. Having something to work towards will help to make employees more Engaged, and setting goals that are attainable will help to foster a sense of achievement as they meet their goals.
6. Resolve to challenge employees – Great employees long to do what they love and do best. Employees should be challenged with tasks that are difficult, but that allow them to use their strengths.
7. Resolve to let employees share ownership of their Engagement level - Ask them to create their own individual action plans to become more Engaged. Encourage joint accountability for Engagement which is shared by management and employees.
# # #
HR Solutions, Inc. is an International Human Capital Management Consulting firm located in Chicago, IL, specializing in Employee Engagement and Exit Survey design, implementation, and results. Contact www.hrsolutionsinc.com or call 312-863-6131 for info.