Stay Home! 10 Fun And Cheap Things To Do Without Leaving The House
by Debbie Frye, general manager at Flyerland.ca - www.flyerland.ca
• Board game tournament. If you’re bored being inside, let the board games begin! Choose your favourite classic games or try something new. Check out our flyers online such as FG Bradley, Zellers and Wal-Mart to name a few. You may even find some games hidden in one of your closets!
• Movie night. Catch up on the movies you’ve missed by renting a bunch for a weekend movie marathon…just add the popcorn. The seats are comfy and you’ll save money on snacks. Rent or buy, there are many deals available check out HMV or other advertisers. You can even trade movies with your neighbours, friends or family, we all have movie collections!
• Awards show event. Award show season is here, so make it an event! Have everyone dress in their evening best, roll out the red carpet and serve special hors d’oeuvres. Make it more interesting by visiting the show web site to print out the list of nominees, cast your votes and keep score during the show, with cool prizes for the winners. Many great affordable gift items on Flyerland.ca.
• Iron chef cook-off. Have two family members choose their best culinary creations, set the timer and get cooking! Others can act as assistants, and the whole family can judge and enjoy the results. Be careful with younger kids around hot stoves and sharp knives—be sure there is adult supervision. You can find fantastic deals on culinary items at The Bay, Zellers and other great advertisers on Flyerland.ca
• Backyard Olympics. Turn your backyard into the Olympic village. Organize winter sports events or make up your own using items around the house and yard. You can even design medals and hold an award ceremony. There are always fantastic offers from National Sports, Bass Pro and more.
• Wii competition. Create your characters then host a round robin sports tournament or choose from any of the many popular games. Check the flyers from Wal-Mart on Flyerland.ca for great savings on a Wii console, games and accessories.
• Act like a kid. Get in touch with your inner child and play with your kids. You can build a fort, play dress-up or put on a show—just use your imagination and have fun! Check out the Toys ‘R’ Us flyer on Flyerland.ca for costumes and other items.
• Arts and Crafts day. Kids love to create, so clear off the kitchen table, bring out your big box of craft supplies and let everyone play together. From painting to clay to scrapbooking, there are lots of inspired ideas – Check out the Michaels weekly flyer and coupons on Flyerland.ca
• Romantic evening for Mom and Dad. You don’t need to book a fancy hotel or expensive restaurant to share a little romance. Arrange for the kids to sleepover with friends, and enjoy a bit of alone time by cooking a gourmet dinner together. Add a few candles and your favourite music to set the mood.
By Debbie Frye, General Manager, Flyerland.ca