News By Tag
* Valentine S Gifts
* Makeup Club
* Discount Cosmetics
* Skin Care
* Mineral Foundation
* More Tags...
News By Location
Professional Makeup Tips and Inside Secrets
Here are some tips, techniques and professional insider secrets that the Hollywood celebrity makeup artists use to keep their clients looking gorgeous.
By: Makeup of the Month Club
To prepare your face for your makeup, always start off with clean, moisturized skin. You'll find that your makeup glides on and blends more easily.
1. Keep your skin free of buildup by using a gentle cleanser in the morning and at night. When cleansing your face, do so gently in upward motion stokes - do not tug, pull or scrub too hard to prevent irritation.
2. Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
3. Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturizer that is compatible with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturizer contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
4. Treat yourself to an at-home-facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive.
5. Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night's sleep!
Tip: Even when you're steering clear of the sun, or it appears to be a cloudy day, always be sure your makeup foundation or moisturizer contains SPF 15 or higher.
The secret to a natural, flawless look:
1. Apply foundation to your cheeks, forehead, and chin using a foundation brush, sponge, or clean fingertips. Blend the foundation all the way to your natural hairline with long, light strokes.
2. Continue blending over the jawline and onto your neck to achieve a natural, seamless look. Check your face and neck in natural light to make sure the foundation is completely blended in all areas.
3. If under-eye circles or red spots remain, do not add more foundation; it can look heavy and cakey. Instead, try a concealer.
Tip: Choose the shade of your foundation carefully. When testing out shades, pick one that matches the tone of your jawline exactly. It helps to use a mirror outdoors to see how shades look in natural light.
Tip: Begin by applying a small amount of foundation then increase amount to achieve the degree of coverage that suits your skin.
Tip: For daytime, mix your foundation with a light SPF moisturizer before applying for a smoother, more sheer application.
For more insider information, makeup tips, and great deals including makeup gift baskets, go to www.makeupofthemonthclub.com
# # #
Makeup of the Month Club offers gift baskets and a unique monthly club, that sends lucky people an assortment of the world's finest makeup direct to their door! The perfect gift for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, an Anniversary, birthday, Christmas or any holiday!