News By Tag
* Advertising Agency Training
* Advertising Agency Seminars
* New Business
* Account Service
* More Tags...
News By Place
Second Wind Schedules Four Major Seminars for 2010, Covering Midsize and Small Ad Agency Issues
Seminars will emphasize the critical importance of kick-starting ad agency new business activities, maintaining and expanding a client base during the economic recovery, and basic operational skills for agency employees and mid-level managers.
Second Wind is the leading trainer of advertising agency professionals worldwide, offering certified training for employee growth and development, as well as on-demand Desktop Learning, online training at www.secondwindonline.com and training materials in the Second Wind Online Publications store.
Three of the seminar events offer professional certification opportunities in account management, agency operations and financial management. Second Wind Certified Seminar Programs were introduced in 2005 and incorporate the expertise gained in training more than 15,000 agency people over 21 years.
The 2010 seminars include:
• Restart 2010: The Agency Owner/Manager Workshops, Las Vegas, NV, February 2010. This includes “The SMALL+SMART Agency: Remake Your Agency for the 21st Century,” on Tuesday, February 9; “Total New Business Success in 2009” on Wednesday, February 10; and “The Agency Buy, Sell, Retire, Transition and Valuation Workshop” on Thursday, February 11, 2010. This event is being held at Caesar’s Palace. All three sessions are directed to agency owners and future agency directors.
• The Certified Account Executive College, Chicago, IL, April 2010. The three full-day workshops include “A Complete Guide to Account Service,” on Tuesday, April 20; “Account Planning and Strategic Planning for Smaller Agencies,” on Wednesday, April 21; and “Writing Winning Proposals, Giving Winning Pitches,” on Thursday, April 22. Participants attending all three workshops have the opportunity to become a Second Wind Certified Agency Account Manager (CAAM). The college is being held at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business Gleacher Center, and is recommended for agency owners, account supervisors and executives, and new business developers.
• The Certified Agency Financial ManagementTM Seminar, Chicago, IL, on Tuesday, June 22 and Wednesday, June 23, 2010. This two-day workshop, one of the best financial courses for midsize and smaller advertising agencies and related marketing firms, is an advanced level course for agency owners, chief financial officers, controllers and bookkeepers. Those attending both days are eligible to become Second Wind Certified Agency Financial Managers (CAFM). This workshop also will be held at the Gleacher Center.
• Certified Agency Operations Daily Workflow and Efficiency Seminar, Chicago, IL, on Tuesday, September 21 and Wednesday, September. 22, 2010. This two-day workshop for agency owners, traffic and production managers and operations staff is being held at the Gleacher Center. Participants attending both days have the opportunity to become a Second Wind Certified Agency Operations Manager (CAOM).
Daily seminar sessions run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Second Wind members and non-members are invited to attend. One-day workshop fees for members are $525 and for non-members, $625; two-day fees are $825 for members and $1,025 for non-members;
Founded in 1988, Second Wind is a thought leader and innovator to the advertising and marketing community, dedicated to helping members and users “BE better.” Major resources are Second Wind Online, with our data-rich Knowledge Base, and the popular members-only Forums. Second Wind serves advertising, graphic design, public relations, interactive and marketing firms across the US, Canada and internationally.
For the latest information on Second Wind membership or to register for seminars, visit www.secondwindonline.com/
# # #
Second Wind Contact: Laurie Mikes
Second Wind Ltd.
P.O. Box 6284, 1424 Penn Avenue
Wyomissing, PA 19610-
# # #
Second Wind is a powerful information resource designed with one thing in mind – helping smaller and midsize advertising agencies, design firms and related businesses to be better.
Our goal is to help your agency be stronger, faster, smarter, more creative and ready for anything that comes. And not just ready to defend your position against competitors -- but ready to outmaneuver them, out-strategize them, and out-service them.
Second Wind offers a vast collection of industry tools, knowledge and collaborative venues to help meet the daily needs of your business. Second Wind currently serves thousands of agency principals and employees in North America and several foreign countries.
Second Wind was founded by former agency owner and entrepreneur Anthony P. Mikes. Mr. Mikes owned and operated design studios and agencies for twenty-five years before launching Second Wind in 1988. He and his knowledgeable team are ready to give your firm a boost. Are you ready to be better?
Page Updated Last on: Jan 12, 2010