News By Tag
* Internet marketing
* More Industries...
Follow on Google News
Difference between Search Engines Indexing -- Yahoo , MSN , Google
Many a times it happens that our website does not rank in one search engine while it gets good rank in others. See how different search engines use different methods to index pages.
By: Kelly Simone
It is very difficult to understand how things which appear important in one site doesn’t have any importance in other. people might use different search engines like Yahoo, MSN but companies which are involved in SEO business like OOMsystem which provides various SEO services and other web related services and even other website owners all want to top the Google rankings.
It is important to understand how search engines are different from each other, what are the different relevancy criteria on the basis of which they rank websites. I am here to help you to understand how search engines are different from each other.
What Relevancy is :
Each search engine is run by a large organization and every organization has his own beliefs and work principals which help them to measure relevancy. According to me search is one who understands it more as per marketing prospective. Here are some points that help you to understand how search engines differ from each other.
SEARCH ENGINE 1 : Yahoo!
• It is in the search engine business for many years.
• It is slightly better than MSN but has not as good as Google in determining whether link is natural citation or not.
• It has a huge content and various other programs that help them to measure the search relevance.
• Off topic reciprocal links work well in Yahoo!.
SEARCH ENGING 2 : MSN Search
• It is very new in the search engine business.
• It can not effectively determine whether a link is natural or artificial.
• They do not pay much importance to the page content.
• The algorithms used by them are of poor quality.
• Sites that are generally untrusted in other systems can quickly top in MSN ranks.
• Off topic reciprocal links work great in MSN Search rankings.
SEARCH ENGINE 3 : Google
• Google is one of the oldest player in the field of Search Engine.
• It is best among search engines in determining whether a link is true or artificial.
• It believes in natural link growth.
• Pays importance to the content.
• It trusts old sites very much.
• They make use of content filters which help to filter duplicate content pages.
• Crawl depth in Google is not oinly determined by the link quantity but also on the link quality.
• Off topic reciprocal links are ineffective in Google.
SEARCH ENGINE 4: Ask
• Pays importance to tropical communites.
• They are slow to rank sites.
• Due to limited market share not much importance shou;ld be given to them.
• looks at topical communities
• due to their heavy emphasis on topical communities they are slow to rank sites until they are heavily cited from within their topical community
• due to their limited market share they probably are not worth paying much attention to unless you are in a vertical where they have a strong brand that drives significant search traffic
Contact us:- Kelly_simone@
Web :- http://www.oomsystem.com
# # #
OOMSystem is an IT professional services company focused on
software development, integration, implementation, support and
outsourcing through its hybrid onshore and offshore operating
.OomSystem provides corporate branding to make your website clean and creative.
Our Corporate Website Design strives to create professional website designs that will effectively promote our clients products and services to their target audience. From three-page HTML sites to complex online stores with thousands of products,
our design team has helped customers grow their business with fresh, professionally designed Web sites.
Page Updated Last on: Dec 30, 2009