News By Tag
News By Location
How To Build a Shipping Container Home
The following information will help you understand what is needed for the construction of a shipping container home. Building any type of home is very complicated and should be done only by professionals.
The next step in building a shipping container home is to create and follow an outline. This “how-to” page could not possible include everything you would need to know in order to build a shipping container home. So I will provide an outline and more future “how-to’s’”
The outline is the following:
1. Research on the process of buying, and shipping the container.
2. Repairing, sanding, priming and painting the shipping container.
3. Cutting out the holes for the doors and windows.
4. Framing out the fresh cutouts as well as the dkiyt interior of the shipping container.
5. Installing the electricity, plumbing.
6. Installing the wallboard and ceiling board.
7. Installing the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
8. Repairing and replacing the floor.
9. Finishing details.
This outline is the first big step in getting started with your new steel box home. In the follow up “how-to’s, I will provide more information, with more detail. However, you will still need to gather a team of experts, buy some books, do some on-line searches, all in order to have enough information, knowledge and skill to build a shipping container home.
# # #
Containerhomes.net builds homes in Costa Rica using shipping containers as the main building block for construction. These steel homes are perfect for the security of your home and can be prefabricated at our factory in San Ramon, Costa Rica in one month.