News By Tag
* Business Plans
* New Business
* Business Growth
* More Tags...
News By Location
DTR Inc. Announces a New, Vital, Affordable Service for Entrepreneurs
With funding to entities that provide discount business plan writing declining, during a time when new start-ups remain comparative strong due to the difficulty of getting a job and underemployment; an affordable business plan option is needed.
Between funding decreases to Economic Development Centers and the poor economy, entrepreneurs cannot find quality discount business plan service providers, and cannot afford to pay the full price ($7,500 to $12,500) for a business plan. So DTR Inc. is announcing the establishment of a comprehensive Business Plan Mentorship Program for $1,250, to assist entrepreneurs in researching and writing their business plans.
According to a 2009 report by the Kauffman Foundation:
“In the midst of record unemployment, a new Kauffman Foundation-funded U.S. Census Bureau study reports that startup companies are a major contributor to job creation. The Business Dynamics Statistics (BDS) also indicate that while business startups decline slightly in most of the cyclical downturns, startups remain robust even in the most severe recession over the sample period (in the early 1980s).” (http://www.kauffman.org/
Since prior research done by DTR Inc. and others has shown:
• 80% of business owners say business plans are very important
However, only 20% of business owners have a business plan
• 50% of all new businesses fail in its first year
Only 10% to 33% are left standing five years later
• The main reasons why businesses fail are lack of a business plan and/or poor management
And business plans are vital to the success of a business because the purposes of a business plan are:
• Feasibility study for the business
• Set business strategies so can measure progress and minimize the time between start-up and profitability
• Determine entrepreneur's real (as opposed to perceived) management strengths and weaknesses
• Obtain financing (loan or investment)
DTR Inc. is announcing its “Business Plan Mentorship Program”. A Program containing the following components:
• 10 to 12 hours of one-on-one mentoring where all sections of a business plan are reviewed (content, format and how to find required information)
• Worksheets covering all topics in a business plan for the entrepreneur to fill out
• A written review of all completed worksheets with comments and suggestions to provide further guidance
• Total cost for this service is $1,250
Contact Jay Goldberg for more information at JayGoldberg@
# # #
DTR Inc. is a consulting firm specializing in business development and employee training. From writing business plans; to implementing an ongoing strategic planning process; to generating customer service strategies and practices that increase revenues; to conducting meaningful market research; to developing and implementing competency-based workplace training programs; to conducting an online marketing campaign to drive traffic to web sites; DTR Inc. helps transform businesses from getting by to maximizing profits.
In 2003, its work readiness training program was called the best in the United States by a member of the National Skills Standard Board. In 2008, CEO Jay Goldberg had a work readiness book, How to Get, Keep and Be Well Paid in a Job published (http://outskirtspress.com/