News By Tag
* Platinum Leed Home Development
* Sustainable Community
* Zero Energy Homes
* Green Home Development
* More Tags...
News By Place
Energy Environmental Corporation and C&A Companies Release an RFI for Platinum LEED Home Community
Denver, Colorado – C&A Companies and Energy Environmental Corporation have released a Request for Information (RFI) today in an effort to research products and technologies for a sustainable 110 residential home development in Elizabeth, Colorado.
Information is being requested from interested parties who are able to offer environmentally beneficial products and/or technologies which contribute to these high standards. Examples of partners sought include, but are not limited to, those which can contribute products or services in the following areas:
• Businesses seeking to promote green, energy efficiency and environmental stewardship
• Sustainable Design – Materials, Methods, and Integrated Building Components
• Products for improved Air Quality, low VOC construction materials,
• Renewable Energy components for Smart Grid and grid-connected applications
• Foundation and Advanced Framing Systems, Interior and Exterior Finish products
• Insulation, Weatherization, Sheathing, Roofing, Windows and Doors
• Plumbing system components fixtures for reducing water consumption
• Lighting – CFL, LED, integrated controls and reducing miscellaneous electrical loads
• Energy Star® and high efficiency Appliances, reduced water and energy use
• Landscaping plants, components and controls for low energy and water usage
• Whole house automation and controls (BACnet and/or Zigbee® compliant devices)
• Advanced technology HVAC systems (heat pumps, solar cooling, ERV/HRVs)
• Renewable systems financing and green investment partners
An ENERGY freedom Festival of Homes is being organized for the fall of 2010 as an open house event featuring the first six model homes completed. The event will be focused on providing to the public education and information about the affordability, design, building envelope, sustainable products, and integrated renewable energy systems. This will be the first homes parade with all LEED Platinum certified homes and net zero energy consumption for HVAC and DHW. Its focus on sustainability, along with a marketing budget exceeding $500,000, is expected to draw expansive local and national media coverage.
Involvement in this project is an opportunity not to be missed. For more information and to download the full version, visit http://www.LEEDRFI.com.
About C&A Companies:
C&A primarily engages in acquiring, developing, constructing and marketing residential and commercial properties. Over the years C&A has formed a team of professionals and trade partners whose collective mission has been to deliver affordable quality homes while minimizing the impact on the natural environment. For more information, visit http://www.cacompanies.com.
About Energy Environmental Corporation:
Energy Environmental Corporation consults, designs, and installs integrated HVAC and renewable energy systems. Using industry best practices and modeling capabilities from Europe, over the past decade EEC has been able to deliver cost effective fully integrated systems whose efficiency far exceeds conventional fossil fuel HVAC systems. For more information, visit http://www.energyhomes.org.
Anna Stephens, Communications Director
Energy Environmental Corporation
Page Updated Last on: Nov 02, 2009