News By Tag
* 20th Annual Environmental Media Associaion Awards
* 2010 Miss America Pageant
* Tamara Henry
* Green T With Tamara
* More Tags...
News By Location
Official Launch of the Green T "Green Is Gorgeous" Eco Contest at the 20th Annual EMA Awards
"Green T" helps the nationally televised Miss America Pageant go green & gorgeous! And the official launch of Green T's "Green Is Gorgeous" EcoContest happens this Sunday at the 20th Annual Environmental Media Association Awards at Paramount Studios.
By: Green T
That's what Tamara Henry (aka "Green T") went to find out, as MUSIC NETWORK USA flew her from Los Angeles to interview the eco-chic Miss America hopefuls. It's all part of the "Green T - Green is Gorgeous Award", an interactive video contest on the Green T with Tamara website, www.GreenTwithTamara.TV ... and their eco pageant answers will surprise you as they tell you why green is gorgeous!
Now it's your turn. You get to vote for the one with the best insight on "being green." The winner will become the first "Green T - Green is Gorgeous Award" eco-contest winner and will take home a few environmentally conscious prizes. Watch their answers on-line now and vote for your favorite! Just go to the Green T with Tamara website http://www.GreenTwithTamara.TV The contestants are on our interactive map and YOU get to be the judge! The contest will end on Friday, January 29, 2010, at 9PM Eastern Time, the night before the Miss America 2010 Pageant, nationally televised on TLC.
Thank you for taking part and supporting Green T in our mission of
HOPE . . . Healing Our Planet Earth
*Tamara Henry competed in the Miss Arkansas - America Pageant system from 1991-1994... placed in the top ten twice... and was the winner of the Fruit of the Loom Quality of Life Award and the Community Service Award for a program she created - "Promoting Health through Whole Person Wellness" - an inspirational program about mind/body/spirit/
"Green T" wears her recycled, re-used vintage suit from Back-In-Style to interview the 2010 Miss America contestants. Sheffield MacIntyre of Back-In-Style gives "Green T" advice on how to dress "greenly" and still look fashionable. Seven-
In 2007, Tamara covered the EMA Environmental Media Assn Awards for her eco-spiritual talk show on Time Warner Cable TV - LA. You can see the video on her blog at http://www.TamaraHenry.blogspot.com
She will be there again this Sunday October 25th, 2009 at Paramount Studios; Honorees Sir Richard Branson and Jason Mraz; Cedric the Entertainer, Dianna Agron (Glee), Ed Begley Jr., Andrea Bowen (Desperate Housewives), Katie Cassidy (Melrose Place), Chevy Chase, John Cusack, Blythe Danner, Dana Delany, Emily Deschanel (Bones), Calista Flockhart, Harrison Ford, Ginnifer Goodwin, Daryl Hannah, Marilu Henner, Kevin McHale (Glee), Alanis Morissette, Kathryn Morris (Cold Case), Michael Rady (Melrose Place), Amber Riley (Glee), Amy Smart, Karina Smirnoff, Emily VanCamp (Brothers & Sisters), Olivia Wilde, Green T and more…
GREEN T WITH TAMARA’S TAMARA HENRY GETS THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE GREEN CARPET AT THE 20TH ANNUAL ENVIRONMENTAL MEDIA ASSOCIATION AWARDS
* Tamara Henry (aka “Green T”) host of Green T with Tamara
* Host of the Green T Green Is Gorgeous Eco-Contest for Miss America Pageant January 2010
* Reporter and Producer for Santa Monica City TV Channel 16
* Co-Host of “Metro Motion” on a dozen local cable channels throughout the Los Angeles area
* Correspondent for CTNgreen
* Miss Arkansas 1997 - the natural state
(Seen on Animal Planet, The Tonight Show, Access Hollywood,
Oxygen, Style Network and USA Network.)
Tamara Henry (aka "Green T") is an eco-TV host for various television shows including "Metro Motion" (2005-present)
Paramount Studios Sunday October 25th, 2009
5555 Melrose Ave Time: 5:30pm
Los Angeles, CA 90038
* Creative Director Kevin Carr: Having worked in television production at the network level in the Los Angeles television market for over twenty five years, Kevin is currently the Co-Creator of and Creative Director, Producer, Camera Operator and Editor for "Green T with Tamara". He also works a freelance Studio Camera Operator and Technical Director for NBC's "Access Hollywood". Kevin won first place and the video grand prize for his work as the Director, Camera Operator and Editor on the music video, "I'm Too Old for American Idol" on OurStage.com in June 2008. He is an Emmy Award Winner (Technical Director 1999) and has worked as a Technical Director and Camera Operator in both news and entertainment production for ABC, NBC, FOX and many others. Kevin also worked as a staff Writer/Director for Rockwell International's, Rocketdyne Division, creating marketing and training videos for the space shuttle program, defense department and department of energy.