News By Tag
News By Location
Bathroom Blogfest 2009 Draws 20 Bloggers To Focus On Recession & Cleanliness In Overlooked Spaces
The 4th annual Bathroom Blogfest brings together 20 bloggers from the U.S., Canada, UK and India who will post about the bathroom experience via the theme: “Flush the Recession & Plunge Into Forgotten Spaces” between October 26 and 28, 2009.
"Kaboom, the Blogfest’s first sponsor, will play a part in some of the blogs," said Christine Whittemore, who manages the Blogfest. “The brand is adventuresome and innovative, volunteering to take its chances with this social networking experience,”
Along with a sponsor, Whittemore added to this year’s initiative a Facebook Fan Page and way to keep up via Twitter: http://www.facebook.com/
The Bathroom Blogfest began in 2006 as the brainchild of Stephanie Weaver, Experienceology author and consultant, and Susan Abbott, a business consultant and consumer researcher in Toronto. “They wanted to generate awareness for bloggers passionate about the customer experience at a time when blogging was more experimental. The Bathroom Blogfest created a forum for focusing on spaces that are not a subject of conversation, which they should be,” added Whittemore.
Whittemore believes that today’s bloggers do it because it’s fun and they feel strongly about sharing their ideas for better bathroom experiences. She observes that retailers ignore the bathroom as a possible selling space and that most ignore it altogether. One of the bloggers added that it’s a way for her to potentially create more impact than she might with a single post while it introduces her readers to both a new subject and community of bloggers.
For more information about the blogfest visit http://www.bathroomblogfest.com/
Participating bloggers for the Bathroom Blogfest ’09 include:
• Susan Abbott at Customer Experience Crossroads http://www.customercrossroads.com
• Reshma Anand at Qualitative Research Blog http://onqualitativeresearch.blogspot.com/
• Shannon Bilby at From the Floors Up http://fromthefloorsup.com/
• Shannon Bilby and Brad Millner at My Big Bob’s Blog http://blog.mybigbobs.com/
• Laurence Borel at Blog Till You Drop http://www.laurenceborel.com/
• Jeanne Byington at The Importance of Earnest Service http://blog.jmbyington.com/
• Becky Carroll at Customers Rock! http://www.customersrock.net;
• Leslie Clagett at KB Culture www.kbculture.blogspot.com
• Katie Clark at Practical Katie http://practicalkatie.blogspot.com/;
• Iris Shreve Garrott at Checking In and Checking Out http://circulating.wordpress.com/;
• Julie at Julie’s Cleaning Secrets Blog http://cleaningsecrets.greatcleaners.com/
• Marianna Hayes at Results Revolution http://www.resultsrevolution.com
• Maria Palma at People To People Service http://www.people2peopleservice.com/
• Professor Toilet at Professor Toilet’s Blog http://www.professortoilet.com/
• David Reich at My 2 Cents http://reichcomm.typepad.com/
• Bethany Richmond at The Carpet and Rug Institute Blog http://www.carpet-
• Carolyn Townes at Becoming a Woman of Purpose http://spiritwomen.blogpsot.com
• Stephanie Weaver at Experienceology http://experienceology.blogspot.com;
• C.B. Whittemore at Flooring The Consumer http://flooringtheconsumer.blogspot.com and Simple Marketing Blog http://www.SimpleMarketingBlog.com
• Linda Wright at Lindaloo.com:
Kaboom is a trademark of Church & Dwight, which manufactures and markets personal care, household and specialty products under the Arm & Hammer and Kaboom brand names, as well as other well-known trademarks. For more information, please visit http://www.GreatCleaners.com
# # #
About Simple Marketing Now LLC: Simple Marketing Now is a marketing communications consultancy that provides organizations with the right combination of traditional marketing and new and digital tools to improve the customer experience and build brand. Visit http://SimpleMarketingNow.com for more information.