News By Tag
* Wildlife Control
* Wildlife Refuge
* Hr 3710
* More Tags...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
The National Wildlife Control Operators Association Opposes Bill: H.R. 3710
Bill: H.R. 3710 proposes to end the use of body-gripping traps in the National Wildlife Refuge System.
• The National Wildlife Refuge System is the property of all U.S. Citizens including Hunters, Trappers and Sportsmen.
• Each State has an Agency (Department of Natural Resources, Department of Fish & Game…) that manages and regulates the harvesting of Wildlife and the tools used for this purpose. Said Agencies have Scientific and Field Personnel to analyze the need for restrictions, the latitude to enact Ordinances that address such needs and Enforcement Personnel to provide oversight.
• Wildlife Refuges often have man-made structures or features which may be in need of Professional Services, using the tools in question, to resolve conflicts and protect such properties or features.
• Given the broad dynamics of each Wildlife Refuge across the Nation, such as adjacent human population densities, actual human usership, Refuge dynamics (swamp, desert, heavily timbered, above timberline, access…), sound management of each resource is unique to each location and is as diverse as the Refuge System itself.
• Bill H.R. 3710 is poorly written and encompasses all style, manner and design of trap or restraint equipment and goes so far as to prohibit the use of a mouse-trap.
• Bill H.R. 3710 propagates the concept that Refuge management is unambiguous and is better served by removing sound management practices and restrictions from it’s Regional User Base.
• Bill H.R. 3710 propagates the concept that the responsible use of such tools, in the hands of Professional or Recreational Trappers, on Public Lands, warrants additional non-regional game harvesting oversight beyond each States existing Regulatory Wildlife Agency.
• The National Wildlife Control Operators Association believes Professional Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators have, in the pursuit of our livelihoods, a right to incorporate the responsible use of such trade tools, for the purpose of providing services on Public and Private Lands in accordance with the Law.
The National Wildlife Control Operators Association promotes the professional resolution of Human/Wildlife conflicts through Competence, Integrity and Service.
# # #
The National Wildlife Control Operators Association is a Non-Profit Trade Organization representing the Nuisance Wildlife Control Industry, promoting the professional resolution of Human/Wildlife conflicts through Competence, Integrity and Service.