News By Tag
* Used Medical Equipment
* Used Hospital Equipment
* Refurbished Medical Equipment
* Refurbished Hospital Equipment
* More Tags...
News By Location
Sell, Donate, Trade Inn or Recycle Your Used Hospital Equipment
There are a variety of options available to dispose of Your Used Hospital Equipment. Read more to find out.
By: Eric Beris
Choosing the best option to dispose of an item may not always be easy. Therefore, the following can help you determine which route is most effective for your facility to dispose of your used and second hand hospital equipment.
Sell Used Hospital Equipment
• Selling used hospital equipment is an excellent method that saves your facility money while also clearing your used or surplus equipment.
• There is a huge market for selling pre-owned medical equipment, especially when selling internationally to facilities looking to buy used hospital equipment.
• Some facilities and countries only buy used hospital equipment, as they simply do not have the budget to purchase new equipment, which can be significantly more expensive.
• You can arrange to have a buyer uninstall a device the same day that the new device is scheduled to be installed in your facility.
• MedWOW offers an easy online platform to buy and sell used hospital equipment. One popular way of selling second hand hospital equipment on the site is through its medical equipment auctions.
Donate Second Hand Hospital Equipment
• Donating second hand hospital equipment to charitable organizations is another method to dispose of your equipment while improving the level of healthcare for other communities.
• Only donate equipment that is operational or can be repaired - devices that are inoperative beyond repair will not be of use to the recipient, but rather pose a burden.
• When donating equipment, ensure that you include all accompanying parts, accessories or manuals. Parts and accessories for incomplete devices can be an extremely costly expense that the receiving charitable organization may not be able to afford.
• Ensure that the equipment being donated is compliant with the recipient charity’s local regulations, and voltage capabilities.
Trade-In Second Hand Hospital Equipment
• Many manufacturers offer a discount to facilities when they trade-in their second hand hospital equipment - this is an excellent way to save money on the new device while also having the old device’s de-installation taken care of by the manufacturer.
Recycle Used Hospital Equipment
• Recycling used hospital equipment is a method that can dispose of materials that cannot be disposed of using the other methods (e.g. a device that is inoperative beyond repair or no long compliant with today’s standards). The sentence doesn’t make sense.
• Recycling companies find an environmentally friendly way to dispose of equipment.
• Depending on the devices condition, it can also be refurbished by the original equipment manufacturer or other third party companies.
• If parts or accessories of an unwanted device are operational and can be used, they can be removed from the old device and be used with another device in the facility - another way of saving the facility money.
MedWOW.com is an innovative online marketplace specifically designed for used medical equipment professionals. The site connects buyers, sellers and service providers from around the world through unique online tools and features.
To learn more about MedWOW please visit our website: http://www.medwow.com
Tel: + 357 22 022508
Fax: + 357 22 022509
# # #
MedWOW is an innovative international marketplace for used medical equipment, parts & accessories. Creating a sophisticated online trading environment.