News By Tag
* Strategic Growth Concepts
* Powerful Design
* Animal Rescue Robbery
* Website Debut
* More Tags...
News By Place
Local Animal Rescue Debuts New Website Early in Wake of Recent Theft
Local Non-profit Animal Rescue Group, HomeFur-ever, Moves Up Debut of Donated Website in Wake of the Recent Theft of the Group’s Vehicle and Supplies
HomeFur-ever, it’s marketing firm, Strategic Growth Concepts, and it’s website consulting firm, Powerful Design, decided to debut the new site on Friday, September 18th, several weeks early, as a result of the substantially increased interest in the group, its’ activities, and its’ animals available for adoption. The site, already in development, was quickly finalized late last week in order to facilitate the ability of the community to learn about the group’s efforts to save animals, and enable them to contribute toward that effort in a variety of ways.
The animal rescue group, started in 1983, typically places approximately 300 animals per year into new adoptive homes. The group’s recent loss of thousands of dollars worth of food, medical supplies, crates and other equipment to thieves has seriously hindered their ability to care for the 90+ animals currently under their responsibility, as well as their ability to rescue other animals-in-need.
Recent economic conditions have led to a substantial increase in abandoned and surrendered animals. As a result, the rescue group decided to seek assistance in developing an upgraded website that would provide a broader scope of information and resources to those who care about animals, as well as providing a way for the group to increase their base of volunteers and foster homes, prospective adoptive families, and increased donations. Local marketing consultants Strategic Growth Concepts offered the requested assistance on a pro-bono basis, and brought in the resources of local web development/
The site, accessible at www.HomeFurever.com, and built on Powerful Design’s proprietary website management system, MYCE, offers a wide array of useful tools for visitors, including:
• The ability to provide one-time donations OR monthly donations in increments of $10, $25, $50, or $100
• The opportunity to ‘sponsor’ on-going animal care, treatment for major animal medical issues, or gifting an adoption.
• A HomeFur-ever ‘Fundraising Kit’ for individuals or groups who want to develop fundraising events on behalf of HomeFur-ever
• Photo galleries of the group’s animals with individual photos which enlarge significantly when clicked on to enable better views of the available animals
• A HomeFur-ever video
• Links to upcoming HomeFur-ever adoption & fundraising events (including links to maps of event locations)
• Videos of, and links to, the news coverage received as a result of the recent robbery the group was subjected to
• Resource links for pet owners, including: pet emergency care, trainers, veterinarians, pet insurance, and many others
• An educational page about current animal-related issues
• Access to the HomeFur-ever Twitter and Facebook sites
• Online forms for those interested in: fostering, adoption, volunteering, raising funds for the group, making food or other donations to the group, etc.
• A link to the website of an artist who does custom animal paintings; HomeFur-ever will obtain 10% of the revenue generated from every painting contracted via the link from the HomeFur-ever website
• Links to national animal-rescue related fundraising sites
HomeFur-ever is a Detroit-based non-profit 501(c)3 organization formed in 1983 to facilitate the rescue of animals-in-need, including: abused, abandoned, surrendered and neglected animals. HomeFur-
Powerful Design is a Farmington Hills-based website consulting firm which developed and owns the proprietary MYCE Website Management System, as well as sister firms, CompleteMember and CompleteChamber. The firm, owned by local entrepreneur, Jon Bowerman, specializes in the development of comprehensive website solutions – particularly in the areas of Chambers of Commerce, membership organizations, cities/communities, and small businesses. Information about Powerful Design and its MYCE Website Management System can be found via their website at www.PowerfulDesign.com.
Strategic Growth Concepts is a Southfield-based management and marketing consulting firm focusing primarily on small and mid-sized businesses, and specializing in the areas of Strategic Planning, Marketing, Operations Management, and HR. The firm provides both training and consulting services in these areas in order to facilitate the growth of their client firms, as well as providing access to a wide variety of nationally-recognized expert panelists through their radio program, ‘Strategic Growth Concepts for Small Business’ which is hosted by the firm’s CEO, Linda Daichendt. Strategic’
# # #
HomeFur-ever is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization formed in 1983 for the purpose of rescuing abused, abandoned and neglected animals and providing them with new adoptive homes. HomeFur-ever is a volunteer-based, 'no-kill' animal rescue group.
Page Updated Last on: Sep 21, 2009