News By Tag
* Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos
* Restaurant Point Of Sale
* Restaurant Pos System
* Pos Systems
* Restaurant Pos Equipment
* More Tags...
* Restaurant pos
* Point of sale
* More Industries...
News By Location
The BIG Secret Spammers Are Hiding From You!
They're irritating and time consuming! And they are also becoming more dangerous to individuals and businesses' privacy. So better think twice before opening e-mails from unknown senders.
The most common dangers that all computer users must be aware of:
1. An increase in hijacked and spoofed e-mail addresses. Spammers have acquired a new technology that easily allows them to fool you by making it appear as though their spam e-mails are coming from YOUR own computer. This could result in having your Internet connection terminated or put on hold by your Service Provider - all without your knowledge. That is why a good spam blocking software must be used not only to block inbound spam, but also unauthorized outbound spam from your serves.
2. Virus infected spam e-mails. Accidentally or intentionally opening an e-mail from an unknown sender can cause you several of problems. Mostly these unknown senders are the spammers who merrily spreard their virus-infected e-mails and waits for the unlucky person to open it and/or download its content. This can cause your computer to slow down, identity theft, loose data, endless popping of unapproved sites or even crashes the system! What's worst is that the personal data collected from your PC can be uploaded to the internet without your knowledge and use it to commit crime.
3. Phishing spam - spam e-mails that leads to a phishing web site. A phishing e-mail appears to be a legitimate e-mail from websites you know, trust and use their service - commonly from banks. The purpose of this is to trick you into giving confidential information such as bank accounts, social security numbers, passwords, and credit card information. You’ve probably already received a PayPal or bank spam e-mail that said your account was going to be closed unless [you verified your information|
Here are some few simple tips you can do to prevent this:
Before everything else, you should have a reliable spam blocking software installed.
Many retail business owner over look into this, so their restaurant POS system takes serious damages.
Next, you better make sure you don’t get on a spammers list in the first place. Once your e-mail gets listed on a spammer’s list, it will stay there forever and possibly get distributed to more spammers; and changing your e-mail address is a major inconvenience especially if you rely on it to stay in touch with your business contacts.
Here are some useful tips you should follow to prevent getting your e-mail on a spammer's list:
1. Use a disposable e-mail account.
Using a free e-mail address like with Yahoo or Gmail can reduce your chance on getting listed on a spammer's list. Use this when subscribing or shopping online to avoid your business e-mail address from ending up on their broadcast list.
2. Pay attention to selection boxes or tick boxes that are automatically filled in.
Better make sure you don't check the box that says "Yes! I want to receive offers from third party companies." when you're shopping online. There's a big chance your e-mail address will be registered to every online advertiser.
3. Refrain yourself from posting your private e-mail address in public places like your website or blog.
Spammers uses a special program that can automatically collect e-mail addresses from web sites without your consent. If you're eager to publicly post your e-mail address on your web site or business blog, then you better use “info@” so all replies will be forwarder to a folder in your in-box that won’t interfere with your main address.
4. Don’t open, reply to or try to opt-out of obvious spam e-mails.
Doing so will signal the spammer that your e-mail account is active, and they'll send you more spam e-mails.
The only time it is safe to click on the opt-out link or reply to the e-mail is when it is sent by a company you know or do business with (for example, a company that you purchase from or a newsletter you subscribed to).
Got a Question?
If you would like to know more about this topic or have a question in mind, you may ask for advice with our Restaurant POS professional serving your area.
The author of this article is the Vice President of Customer Relations at http://www.pos-
# # #
Searching for the best Restaurant POS System Solution for your business?
We're a National network of POS System Solution Experts who offer better value and features than most "Major National Suppliers"!