News By Tag
* Angel Investor
* More Tags...
News By Location
Investor: Tips for Increasing Cash Flow, Profits
A successful angel investor shares his tips for good cash flow and other profit issues in an interview with Biz Coach Terry Corbell.
Noted angel investor John B. Dimmer tells his secrets for success in this Biz Coach column, “Investor:
“Cash is king,” writes The Biz Coach. “Last year, even 128 of the Fortune 500 companies in the nation had red ink.”
Mr. Corbell writes no one knows better about cash flow and profits than Mr. Dimmer, the managing member in FIRS Management LLC, a private investment firm based in Tacoma, WA. He is also a director at three companies and has extensive management experience.
In his interview with The Biz Coach,
Mr. Dimmer provides comprehensive answers to these key questions:
1. How do you recommend predicting a cash-flow crunch in time to do something about it?
2. What strategic process do you recommend to evaluate the causes of cash deficits? What are the most promising solutions?
3. How do you recommend finding creative ways to keep the business alive until sales pick up?
4. What about negotiating with investors or other financial supporters until cash flows increase?
5. How do you know when it’s time to close or sell the business?
The Biz Coach – a profit professional – has systems and strategies to relieve a company's financial stress, which includes a financial turnaround program on a pay-for-performance basis. Mr. Corbell provides complete solutions for a small retainer and one percent of the net-profit increase.
As a business-performance consultant, Mr. Corbell has written 450+ business-coaching columns since 2001 for several media Web sites. He currently writes an Internet business-coaching column, The Biz Coach, for the Money News page at Seattle's KIRO, the "2009 National Edward R. Murrow Award Winner for Overall Excellence."
He is a member of Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW).
Many of Mr. Corbell’s business-coaching columns are being updated and archived on his Web site: The Biz Coach, “Proven Solutions for Maximum Profits.” The site was developed by Solid Technology of Portland.
Mr. Corbell is a business-performance consultant and is managing member of CMS Associates LLC, http://www.cmsassociatesllc.com.
Mr. Corbell was honored when The New York Times featured him twice. For some of his other business tips, simply Google each of these headlines:
• Been There... Done That... Here's How
• Advice on Taking an Entrepreneurial Leap
# # #
Terry Corbell, The Biz Coach, is a profit professional and business-performance consultant. He is a longtime media columnist, and publishes performance-