News By Tag
News By Location
Wireless Temperature Monitoring and HACCP Food Safety Monitoring Solutions.
Presenting the Green Edge foodservice temperature monitoring system for HACCP compliance and HACCP Food Safety Monitoring at the Western Foodservice Expo, San Diego, CA, August 30 - September 1, 2009.
By: Tommy Orpaz
Green Edge is the market leader in wireless temperature and HACCP monitoring for school food services, Healthcare, food production and delivery and Hospitality.
The Green Edge wireless temperature monitoring solution is easily installed in Walk In Coolers and Freezers from vendors such as Kolpak, American Panel, Manitowoc, Master-Bilt, Nor-Lake, Thermo-Cool, Kool Star and Penn Refrigeration. Reach Ins from vendors such as Victory Refrigeration, Beveratge-Air, Continental Refrigeration, Hoshizaki, Master-Milt, McCall, Norlake, Traulsen, True Refrigeration and Electrolux. Warmers from vendors such as Blodget, Alto-Sham, FWE and Winston. Dish Washer from vendors such as Hobart and Champion.
The system fits the needs of large and mid size school districts and large kitchens. Smaller districts and kitchens profit from this likewise.
An advanced dashboard allows the monitoring of the entire district or organization from a single, easily operated screen. The dashboard can be organized by location, type of equipment or both. With a single click one can review in depth any alert and its actual status, reconfigure any sensor or group of sensors, and generate any report and much more.
All the important data is constantly automatically updated and presented on the dashboard, and in particular, any active alert and information that needs immediate attention is displayed and can be review in detail through a single click. This data is available 24/7 from any location, in the convenience of the home, work, and while on vacation and on the road.
This is what makes Green Edge the ultimate refrigeration temperature monitoring solution:
• The data is monitored from a 24/7, high security monitoring center with full back-up every few hours, geographically dispersed. The system is available 24/7 from any location; in the convenience of the home, work, and while on vacation and on the road.
• No need for a specialist to operate the systems, no software configuration and support are needed, no software or servers on site. With Green Edge one never has to update software and stay with the same software version for years as mostly done by similar systems in the industry.
• Schools are open less then 180 days per year, and about 9 hours per day. Therefore, for more than 80% of the time, the kitchens are closed and refrigeration problems have to be addressed by an advanced temperature monitoring system that is effectively monitored remotely with no need to come to the location in order to view the status of problems in the refrigeration system due to the fact that the servers where the software resides are located inside the district or organization.
• Unlike most of the systems in the market, where one actually need to go to a computer at the campus in order to review problems, acknowledge alerts and stop escalating the alerts, Green Edge's system is available 24/7 from anywhere. When one gets the Green Edge alert, one is only one click away from a full history of the failed equipment's monitored data, and this is available from anywhere.
• With Green Edge, every sensor serves as a back-up device and data logger, thus ensuring that no measurement is lost. The system continues logging temperatures when the network is down or on power outages. One just needs to put sensors in trucks or food carts and they will be monitored as well.
• Green Edge is automatically monitoring the temperatures of the food in refrigerators and freezers. Many schools still rely on manual recording of temperatures in refrigerators and freezers, hence always record air temperature, same as done by other automatic temperature monitoring systems in the market. One should always be concerned about the food temperature, keeping food safe and not only about the air temperature in refrigerators and freezers, a reading that the Green Edge system provides as well.
• Green Edge has the most advanced reporting system in the industry. One can schedule any report automatically and get it daily, weekly, monthly or at any other interval or whenever needed from the systems. It can show readings every hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, etc. The report provides full details of alerts, corrective actions and statistical data of problems occurred during the reporting period. Green Edge even provides an automatic daily status report on the systems operation that includes any element of the monitored system.
• Green Edge provides alerts through e-mails and text messages, as typical done in the industry, but can also provide alerts to your home phone, office phone, and any cell phone. There is no need to have advanced phones by food service employees to receive alerts and reimburse them for their text messages.
• With Green Edge there is no need to wait for temperatures to go out of range as most systems are set for. Green Edge can closely monitor the operation of the compressor and refrigeration system and when it stops to operate or malfunctions, alert instantaneously, long before the temperatures go out of range.
• Green Edge can closely monitor the Defrost Cycle of freezers. This can not be done when temperatures are recorded manually, and are essential to ensure food safety. Kitchens need to have a system like Green Edge in place to declare that temperatures in coolers and freezers are properly monitored and food is safely stored.
• The same system monitors temperatures, humidity, door openings, dishwasher rinse temperatures, temperature of delivered food on trucks and food carts and temperatures readings while preparing food.
• Temperatures and door readings are continuously recorded, eliminating false alarms. No more false alerts on door openings that are based on random readings.
• The Green Edge system constantly analyses how often equipment malfunctions, and constantly provides alerts with suggestions for preventive maintenance for equipment that is about to fail.
A HACCP food safety monitoring solutions, monitors a wide variety of food safety and restaurant-sanitation items via a digital checklist on an Internet-connected PDA device.
Green Edge Systems, Inc. is a trusted leader of HACCP temperature monitoring and control and food safety monitorng solutions and is a member of SNA, the School Nutrition Association, and NACUFS. Please visit Green Edge Systems at http://www.greenedgesystems.com and at the CNMarketplace at http://www.thecnmarketplace.com
To get additional information on FreshLoc Wireless Temperature Monitoring Systems for Food Services and the HACCP food safety monitoring solutions or to set up a meeting and demonstration at the Western Foodservice Hospitality Expo, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA , Sunday, August 30, 2009 – Tuesday, September 1, 2009 , please contact Green Edge Systems, Inc. at 855-463-6473 or at tommy.orpaz@
# # #
Green Edge Systems provides comprehensive real-time energy savings, predictive maintenance and temperature monitoring solutions, with state-of-the-
Page Updated Last on: May 27, 2012