News By Tag
News By Place
Better Care for Critically Ill Children with Pedi STAT for iPhone
Pedi STAT for iPhone provides rapid access to critical data needed by RNs, paramedics, physicians and other healthcare professionals caring for pediatric patients in the emergency or critical care environment.
With just a few taps, users have access to all necessary data to care for a pediatric patient in the emergent setting, including weight-based and age specific medication dosages and equipment sizes.
All results can be calculated rapidly with only a known age, date-of-birth, weight, length, or height.
Pedi-STAT features include:
* Rapid results for airway interventions including endotracheal tube sizes, depth, intubation medication dosages, ventilator settings, and sedation
* Cardiac resuscitation data including weight specific dosages for resuscitation medications, cardioversion, and defibrillation
* Access to age and weight specific pediatric equipment including foley catheters, airway management, chest and NG tubes, peripheral and central line sizes, and more
* Seizure medication dosages
* Management of hypoglycemia including age specific dextrose concentrations
* Reference of age specific normal vital signs
* Procedural sedation dosages including single dose meds and infusions, as well as reversal agents
* Calculated pain management medications
* Medical management of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
Developed by an Emergency Physician, this app minimizes the risk of medical errors allowing the provider to spend more time caring for the patient, and less time looking up and calculating doses.
Revenue from this app supports development of free medical software such as Cardio Calc, Neph Calc, Heme Calc, GI Calc, H1N1 Update.
Learn more at www.QxMD.com/
Get from iTunes App Store at bit.ly/ixLET
# # #
Founded my physicians, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. QxMD is best known for producing free medical calculators designed for BlackBerry and iPhone.
Learn more at www.QxMD.com