News By Tag
* Dryer Vent Cleaning
* Dryer Vent Repair
* Dryer Lint Removal
* Dryer Vent Installation
* Appliance Maintenance
* More Tags...
News By Location
Suffolk County Dryer Vent Cleaners Partner with Habitat for Humanity to make homes Safe and Green
John Ryley of Dryer Vent Wizard offers free dryer vent installation in Habitat homes
“We found that there is still a huge lack of awareness among consumers who think its normal for their dryer to take two to three cycles to dry one load of clothing. They typically don’t realize that this is a warning sign of a dryer vent clog and fire hazard. Unfortunately one such incident resulted in the tragic death of a mother in Massachusetts. That is why I am so impressed with the initiative that John Ryley took by helping Habitat,” says Dayn Benson, Vice President of Dryer Vent Wizard, a nationwide chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S.
Dryer Vent Wizard is installing dryer exhaust venting in all new Habitat homes located in Suffolk counties. “Habitat provides such a great service in our communities, we felt an obligation to make sure the new homes were as safe as possible for the new homeowners,”
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, dryer fires account for an average of 15,000 fires with an approximate $88 million in property damage, 15 deaths and 400 injuries annually. “Failure to clean” was citied as the leading factor contributing to clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
Dryer Vent Wizard has joined the efforts of the National Fire Prevention Association for Fire Prevention Week to create consumer awareness by providing the following advice to minimize the risk of dryer fires.
• Be sure that dryer vent systems are up to code with city, state and manufacturer per the owners’ manual.
• Replace any plastic or foil vent with semi-rigid or solid metal venting.
• Clean screen lint trays before and after drying a load.
• Wash lint screens with soap and water every few months to remove residue left behind by fabric softeners.
• Have dryer vents professionally cleaned and inspected annually.
• Don’t keep combustibles like chemical cleaning products or chemical laden rags near your dryer.
Warning signs to look for:
• Clothes are taking more than one cycle to dry, especially jeans and towels.
• No lint visible on lint screen.
• Dryer repeatedly stops during a cycle.
• Clothes have moldy smell after dry cycle.
“Educating the consumer is top priority here at Dryer Vent Wizard. Partnering with Habitat for Humanity is the right thing to do and it helps us get the word out about cutting utility bills and creating safe homes,” says Ryley.
To receive a free downloadable brochure, visit http://www.dryerventwizard.com and click on “Fire Prevention Week.”
Dryer Vent Wizard is the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S., with nearly 50 franchisees in major markets in the U.S.
John Ryley – Long Island, NY
82 Belle Terre Ave
Miller Place, NY 11764
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
# # #
Right Now Marketing LLC, a company designed to both provide press release and internet marketing services for a wide variety of companies and products, and to educate the general public on how to do press releases yourself.