Sharda University Greater Noida receives State University status from UP Government
Sharda University was recently established under the Act 14 of year 2009 Govt of UP. The scheduled new session at Sharda University, Greater Noida will begin in August 2009.
· First Indian University to offer fully flexible credit based system
· New session to begin August 2009
Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), set up by Sharda Education Trust, announced the establishment of Sharda University in Greater Noida, enacted by Act 14 of year 2009 Govt. of U.P. 2009.
SGI has witnessed phenomenal growth in the last 14 years and has rapidly expanded from 160 students in 1 college to 14 colleges across 4 campuses with a strength of over 15,000 students. It continues to retain its numero-uno status in the North with over 75 programmes taught by an experienced faculty in 14 Colleges in Greater Noida, Agra and Mathura. The institutions run maximum NBA Accredited Courses and have established a formidable reputation for job placements.
Sharda University’s innovative hybrid system of learning is based on best practices of U.S, U.K and Singapore. It is the only university in India with fully flexible credit based system. It also boasts of a Complete Learning Management solution based on detailed world-class digital reference material.
Commenting on the recognition, Mr. P.K. Gupta, founder SGI and Chairman Sharda University said, “It is vital to understand India’s importance in the global marketplace and to world culture. With the establishment of Sharda University in Greater Noida, we have brought global education to the doorstep of our burgeoning youth. This recognition is testimony to the fact that we achieve and provide the highest standards of learning to our students, which ensures a bright future for them through providing them with a guaranteed quality education closer to their homes. Our global outlook through our teaching pedagogy as well as inculcation of strong Indian values makes Sharda University the ideal choice for today’s young knowledge seekers.”
Mr Gupta further added, “Subsequent to receiving recognition for Sharda University our top most priority was to appoint an accomplished academician, who could help the Sharda Group of Institutions emerge in a new avatar. Our search led us to Dr RP Singh, former dean of Punjab Technical University, who did his doctorate from the University of Western Ontario, London, Canada. He is not only young but also an able administrator. Prior to his services in Punjab, Dr Singh worked at the All India Council for Technical Education as deputy-director, where he was credited for his invaluable contribution to the growth of technical education in UP.”
Underlining the ethos of Sharda University, Vice Chancellor, Dr R P Singh, said, “It is indeed a momentous occasion for all of us at Sharda University. We now see our efforts bearing fruit of shifting education management from theory based to application-
The scheduled new session at Sharda University, Greater Noida will begin in August 2009.
In a unique initiative, Sharda University will offer over 160 scholarships amounting to over Rs 1 crore. To avail these educational scholarships, students have to participate in an online scholarship examination conducted by Sharda University every Sunday between 11AM to 8PM for the next four weeks. This timeline may be extended based on student response.
Applicants who have AIEEE rank < 150,000 or IIT-JEE any rank or UPSEE rank < 60,000 or DCE rank < 10,000 can get direct admissions in B.Tech in Sharda University .
Sharda University’s Exclusives:
· Innovative hybrid system of learning based on researched learning outcomes from UK, US and Singapore.
· Full time foreign faculty along with most reputed Indian faculty.
· National tour programs as part of the curriculum and study abroad programs in reputed international universities for select set of students
· Tie-ups with leading research institutes across industries around the globe.
· Industry interactive sessions, workshops, seminars, paper presentations, quizzes are made part of the teaching methodology.
· Focus on entrepreneurship, R & D and application-
· Only university in India with fully flexible Credit based system.
· Extremely flexible system with opportunity to take inter-departmental courses to fulfill the credit requirements.
· Assessment done on a continuous evaluation basis with a total weightage of 40%, and the rest 20% for mid term and 40% for end term. The examinations are not memory based but more on understanding and application based.
· Option for weak students to repeat a course in summers or for bright students to take extra courses to graduate earlier than the total duration.
· Complete Learning Management System (LMS) based on world-class digital reference material with completely simulated lectures available anytime, anywhere.
· Fun-filled learning in classroom, on the web, on university intranet and various learning resources available with 24x7 connectivity.
· Fully Wi-Fi campus and seamless networking architecture in hostels, classes, canteens, common rooms and sports arenas.
· Vibrant sports facilities, training in foreign languages and other leadership based personality development programs.
· Highly disciplined and ragging free campus.