5-27: American-Israel Chamber of Commerce to Honor Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year
The American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region (AICC), will honor its Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year at the 8th annual Eagle Star Awards Gala on May 27.
By: Mitch Leff
May 27: American-Israel Chamber of Commerce to Honor Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year Winners at 8th Annual Eagle Star Awards Gala
Asaf Vitman, Minister for Economic Affairs, to be Israeli Keynote Speaker
ATLANTA, May 26, 2009 – The American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region (AICC), will honor its Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year at the 8th annual Eagle Star Awards Gala on May 27. Georgia Power will host the event at its headquarters from 6 – 9 p.m. (241 Ralph McGill Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30308). Three companies, Baran Telecom, Precision Components International, and Verint Systems, are competing for the Israeli Company of the Year award. Three transactions, EMS/Starling, Jacada/Nationwide Insurance, and Southern Company/NICE are competing for Deal of the Year.
The Eagle Star Gala is AICC’s community flagship event, honoring the people and companies who have contributed most to the Southeast-Israel business relationship. In addition to awarding the Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year, the Chamber will also recognize Georgia Safety Fire and Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine with the Chamber Founders Award and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) with the Community Partner Award.
Georgia Power president and CEO Michael D. Garrett will be the host keynote speaker for the event. WXIA Atlanta & Company Host Holly Firfer will be the Emcee.
Asaf Vitman, Minister for Economic Affairs for the U.S., will be the event’s Israeli keynote speaker. Vitman was recently appointed to his position, where he will work to promote the economic relationship between the United States and Israel based upon mutual trust and cooperation.
• Vitman was the CEO of the Jerusalem Development Authority (JDA), a governmental agency created to assist with developing the city of Jerusalem. He also served as the CEO of EDEN - The Company for the Development of Jerusalem's City Center.
• He initiated multidisciplinary projects in Jerusalem including infrastructure, transportation and industrial development projects that promote higher education, culture and employment.
• Prior to serving at the JDA and Eden, Vitman was a fellow at The Mandel School for Educational Leadership. In the 1990s, he worked as a senior economist, first at Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and later at David Boas Economic Consultant Ltd., gaining wide experience in all major sectors of the Israeli economy and business community.
Israeli Company of the Year Finalists
• Baran Telecom (www.barangroup.com)
• Precision Components International (www.pciga.com)
• Verint Systems (www.verint.com)
Deal of the Year Finalists
• EMS (www.ems-t.com)
• Jacada (www.jacada.com)
• Southern Company (www.southerncompany.com)
The event website, www.eaglestargala.com, features all the event details and offers the ease of online ticket purchasing.
For further information on the event, contact Tom Glaser at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-843-9426.
About the American-Israel Chamber of Commerce
The American-Israel Chamber of Commerce is a bi-national business association with the mission of increasing economic development by fostering understanding, cooperation, and business relationships between Israel and the Southeast. Since its founding in 1992, AICC has been involved in completed transactions valued at more than $950 million, creating jobs and benefiting the economies of both Israel and the Southeast. AICC targets a range of projects involving import, export, research & development, direct investment and joint ventures. Key areas of focus include software, telecommunications, cleantech, life sciences, real estate, and security. For details, visit www.aiccse.org.