News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Location
Coles Gift Card Giveaway promotion offers shoppers $1million in prize draw competition
Coles has launched an exciting new promotion that gives shoppers the chance to earn a Coles Gift Card worth up to $100, or more – just by doing their everyday grocery shopping.
The Giant Gift Card Giveaway promotion is open to the eight million current FlyBuys members across Australia. Non-FlyBuys members can join FlyBuys and start earning Gift Card Credits immediately.
And as an added bonus, Coles will also be giving away $1 million worth of cash prizes to participating FlyBuys shoppers. Every $30 spent by primary cardholders during the event gives them automatic entry to win one of ten $100,000 cash prizes.
The Giant Gift Card Giveaway is a 12-week event that lets current and new FlyBuys members accumulate Gift Card Credits through their regular shopping. Gift Card Credits will be earned each time a shopper spends $30 or more.
Shoppers can boost their Gift Card Credits by buying products marked “Gift Card Boost” across the store - the more Boost products purchased, the higher the Coles Gift Card value. Provided a customer spends a minimum of $30 per transaction, buying just five products of $1 Boost value per week will add $60 to their Gift Card total. Buying 15 such products per week will add an extra $180.
Coles Marketing Director Joe Blundell said he expected the event would prove a hit with customers in these tight times, as households increasingly look to stretch their shopping dollar.
“At a time when there’s a lot of economic uncertainty and bad news, we think this offer will get a great response. In a recession, customers become even more value conscious, and retailers need to respond,” Mr Blundell said.
“We conducted some research to gauge what customers wanted in terms of shopping rewards and benefits. The message loud and clear was that they wanted benefits to be tangible, easy-to-earn, and immediate. That’s what we’ve tried to deliver here.”
Note: The Giant Gift Card Giveaway promotion runs from 7 May to 31 July. The ten $100,000 prize draws will occur each week from Friday 15 May to Friday 17 July.
GIANT GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY FAST FACTS:
• FlyBuys customers can register their details at www.coles.com.au/
• Those who aren’t currently FlyBuys members can join online, or pick up a temporary card in store for free and start accumulating Gift Card Credits immediately.
• Once an initial $30 transaction is made, customers begin earning Gift Card Credits every time they shop over the promotional period.
• The average household spend per week on food and non-alcoholic beverages, alcoholic beverages and petrol is $206.50 (1). By multiplying this weekly spend across 12 weeks, the total figure correlates to a $13 Coles Gift Card value.
• The Boost products provide the best opportunity for customers to maximize the offer and increase the value.
• Provided a customer spends a minimum of $30 per transaction, by purchasing five products of $1 Boost value (marked on shelf or in Coles catalogues) per week over 12 weeks, they can add a further $60 to the Gift Card Credits already accumulated. By purchasing 15 products of $1 Boost value per week, the value over 12 weeks would be an additional $180 on top of the Gift Card Credits already earned. The more Boost products purchased, the higher the Coles Gift Card value.
• The Boost products are everyday products across a range of categories. They can be anything from toilet paper to shampoo, soft drink to coffee.
• Coles Gift Cards will be sent to participants within 60 days of the end of the promotion on 31 July.
• The Coles Giant Gift Card offer is not available in Tasmania, as Tasmanian stores are already participating in a similar promotion.
• Primary FlyBuys cardholders participating in the Coles Giant Gift Card Giveaway will also receive, for every $30 spent, automatic entry into a draw to win one of ten $100,000 cash prizes. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/09/03686;
• Registration information can be found at www.coles.com.au/
(1) Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Household Expenditure Survey, 2004
# # #
A training and communications agency helping brands, celebs and organisations to monitor and maximise their online profile and PR.