News By Tag
News By Place
Professional tips for your Bank Holiday Barbecue
The Met Office say that we're in for a hot summer, so improve your barbecue skills and make the most of eating outside!
By: Sarah, Chef's Compliments
1. Use half an onion dipped in water to clean your grill and add extra flavour to your food. Put a fork in the back and rub it on a warm grill to bring the sparkle back to your barbecue!
2. Lighter fluid can leave a bad taste in your food, so use it sparingly across all coals if you have to, or use a charcoal chimney for a chemical-free way to light up.
3. Don’t oil the grill, oil the meat. Always let your meat reach room temperature before you put oil and seasoning on it, then throw it straight on the grill.
4. Only flip your meat once to keep maximum flavour and juice inside. To check if it’s cooked, prick it with a skewer and if the juices run clear, it’s done.
5. Always let your meat rest before serving it. Wrap it loosely in foil in a warm place for about 5-10 minutes (more for large cuts of meat) and it will continue to cook inside while the juices redistribute.
6. Impress your guests with some baby octopus. Buy it from a quality fishmonger and marinate it overnight in orange juice and sweet chilli. Cook it quickly on a very hot barbecue (3-5 mins) for a tender, rich flavour.
7. Australians are renowned for the best barbies so try their classic dish of Oysters Kilpatrick. Mix together some Worcestershire, Tabasco and BBQ sauce and spoon over each oyster in its shell. Top with some cooked bacon pieces and put on a very hot grill for 5 minutes. Delicious!
8. If you really want to be a BBQ king, have a private lesson in your own garden with an expert BBQ chef. He’ll show you tricks of the trade to impress your guests and make sure you never frazzle a sausage again! Check out www.chefscompliments.co.uk for lesson details and gift vouchers.
Notes to Editors:
Chef’s Compliments is a small group of experienced professional chefs who are passionate about the enrichment that cooking and healthy eating can bring to people’s daily lives. They offer two services:
* Personalised cooking lessons, using the client’s own kitchen and equipment (including BBQs). The chef can give even the most hesitant cook a new-found confidence, sharing tricks of the trade along the way. Each 3-hour lesson is tailored according to taste and ability and the chefs are specialised in a wide variety of cuisines.
Barbecue lessons involve learning how to set up your barbecue correctly, cooking meat, fish and vegetarian dishes and preparing delicious salads and desserts.
* Luxury dining experiences in the client’s own home. Clients can relax with friends and family while the chef prepares a delicious, restaurant-standard meal in their kitchen, without the host needing to lift a finger. Menus are personalised and dietary requirements catered for. The chef serves the food, explaining what ingredients and methods have been used, then cleans the kitchen so there are no washing up woes!
The chefs are qualified professionals, each with at least ten years’ experience, and have worked in prestigious establishments such as The Dorchester, The Savoy and The Cinnamon Club, as well as for private households. Prices, including ingredients, start at £200 for a 3-hour private lesson and £400 for a 3-course dinner party for up to 6 people.
For details and bookings, visit www.chefscompliments.co.uk or email email@example.com
For press enquiries, please contact Sarah on 07507 860682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooking lessons testimonials:
We really enjoyed spending a Sunday afternoon cooking fantastic Indian dishes in our kitchen. Chef was very knowledgeable and we learnt a lot, despite being pretty good cooks already! Mel and Peter, SW16.
A truly awesome experience, especially for a complete novice like me. Adam, Fulham
We loved working with Chef's Compliments on some fabulous Valentine's desserts. My friends and I enjoyed learning, baking and, of course, eating them! Amy Ruth, Kensington & Chelsea Women’s Club
Dinner party testimonials:
Great service and a great evening. Your understanding manner and willingness to attend to all our requests was greatly appreciated. Chris, Mayfair.
Absolutely excellent, fantastic food and service. Incredibly professional and polite. Matt, Battersea.
# # #
Chef’s Compliments is a group of experienced professional chefs offering two services:
* Personalised cooking lessons at home, using the client’s own kitchen and equipment (including BBQs).
* Luxury dining experiences in the client’s own home.