News By Tag
News By Location
Attention New Moms - Top 10 Things You Need in Your Diaper Bag
Here are the top 10 must-have items to include in a well stocked diaper bag. You'll be prepared for whatever baby throws you.
1. Diapers (Duh!) Take along 3 to 5 diapers, maybe a few more depending on how long you'll be gone. Remember - less is more, they are bulky. Refill your stash often. Don’t forget diaper rash cream.
2. Wipes - Get a small carrying case so it’s less bulky. There are many stylish options available.
3. Bottle - If you’re using formula, keep a small bottle of water ready to mix with formula for a fresh bottle. You can buy prepackaged dry formula, or measure it out in a zip-lock bag. Snip the bags corner to pour into bottle. Breastfeeding?
4. Change of clothes - You can bet as soon as baby is in a cute outfit, it will get soiled with some sort of fluid. Make it easy on yourself and throw in a onesie or a one-piece outfit. They may not be as cute, but they cut down on space. And regardless of season, pack a hat!
5. Pacifier and Blanket - These are your soothing agents. Fussy baby? Either of these will come to the rescue. Pacifiers tend to get lost, try a Skip Hop Pacifier Pod to keep the pacifier clean and handy.
6. Medicines - Of course, ask your Doctor about these, but a good list includes: Children’s Tylenol, Teething Gel, Mylecon Drops for upset tummies, Bulb Syringe for stuffy noses, Benadryl for bee-stings, band-aides.
7. Food! - For baby, pack a few jars of food. Keep them handy and organized in our handy Jar Pacs. Snacks for older kids or Mommy. Small boxes of raisins, granola bars, animal crackers, string cheese, sippy cup. Don’t forget: fed kids are happy kids!
8. Important Information - You never know when you’ll need them. Write down contact numbers for doctors, work, day care, next of kin.
9. Camera - You never know when the perfect picture moment will pop up. Be prepared and carry a camera. It doesn’t have to be a big fancy one, any disposable will do, just make sure you’re prepared to take the shot!
10. Mommy Area - Don’t forget yourself. The diaper bag becomes your quasi-purse. Have a little bag for lipstick, wallet, and keys.
# # #
BabyBrowns.com, owned and operated by moms Mary Masters and Valerie Swack, has been operating since 2003 under the Browns Family of Companies. The e-tail operation has a wide selection of diaper bags online with 24 brands and hundreds of styles. BabyBrowns.com offers easy, one-stop shopping for fun, unique and chic baby and parenting products. Find decorating essentials, including furniture and accessories for baby nurseries to young children's rooms. BabyBrowns.com sells more than two dozen top-name brands and too many styles to count. The company is owned and operated by two moms who strive to only offer the best of the best.