News By Tag
News By Place
Top Money Saving Tips from Giftlab.co.uk
If you're struggling to save the pennies this year then look no further, we've got some top money saving tips
* Switch bank account – Have a look online at moneysupermarket (http://www.moneysupermarket.com/
* Put a little money aside each month. Obviously we recommend using our CapitaLIST Pig (http://www.giftlab.co.uk/
* Sell your old mobile phone – Sounds silly but you can make up to £150 and you're being eco-friendly too! Check bananagreen if it's a working phone or mazumamobile if it's broken.
* Reclaim any bank charges - Bank charges reclaiming is currently on hold awaiting court decisions, however, you should still send in claim letters now, as there are 100,000s people in the queue, so the earlier you do it, the sooner you’d get your money back.
* Check if you're eligible for a grant – There's quite a lot of free money out there so long as you know where to look. You could be eligible for any of the following reasons:
1. Local council grants - councils can offer different funding, search for details on its website or contact them to ask for more information. To find your local council’s details enter your postcode in the DirectGov website (http://www.direct.gov.uk/
2. Help with utility arrears
3. If you’re disabled
4. Improve your home
5. Get environmental:
* Check your council tax bill in case you're paying too much - Many homes are in the wrong council tax band, and have been since 1991. Check if you're paying more than you should be here (http://www.voa.gov.uk/
* Switch your Energy provider – All of them have now cut their prices and some are offering £30 or a crate of wine if you sign up to them. Find out who's offering the best rates at energy helpline (http://www.energyhelpline.com/
# # #
The newest addition to online retailing, giftlab.co.uk brings together a great collection of novelty, unusual, affordable and fun gifts, as well as cult brands including lomography cameras and moleskine notebooks.