News By Tag
* Authentic Handbags
* Designer Bags
* Fashionable Bags
* Vintage Handbags
* Pre-owned Bags
* More Tags...
News By Location
Online Design Store Chanel & More Offers Tips on Buying Authentic Designer Bags
Buying authentic handbags online provides you with quality designer handbags as well as ease in shopping and often price savings. Here are some tips to make sure the fashions you purchase are authentic.
By: Diane Duckett
Diane Duckett, Owner of Chanel & More, http://luxury.malleries.com/
Here are some additional tips to secure the perfect authentic designer bag:
• Do as much research as you can on the handbag desired. Personally visit high-end stores to see the handbag and become familiar with its features. That enables one to easily catch flaws that shout knockoff to an informed buyer.
• Look for design consistency. For example, all Chanel bags have signature styles that goes far beyond their trademark C's. The font used is very specific and is rarely changed on Chanel Bags. Look closely at the fonts on bags in the stores and check to see they match the ones you are interested in.
• The bag and stamp will always match the hardware. When a bag has gold hardware the Chanel stamp and bag will always be gold. If it's silver, they will be silver, and so forth.
• It's easy to spot obvious design flaws. Check the logo and pay attention to spelling mistakes. Check that the lining and stitching match and also look for uneven stitching. Chanel originals are always very neatly stitched.
• Examine the bag's zippers. New bags come with Lampo zippers. One side should be engraved "Chanel" and the other should have the Chanel logo. The pull of the zipper should match the rest of the bag and its hardware.
• Chanel bags come with authenticity cards, serial numbers, and dust bags. This is a great way to check for authenticity by knowing what to look for on the bag. For example, the price tags are on white cards. If it is new with a tag, the price tag should be white with Chanel written in black. Fake bags have black price tags.
• The authenticity card is black with a gold rim and white writing. The gold on the card should have NO rainbow hue to it.
• Also, check to make sure the serial numbers match the cards and bag. When shopping online, most shops will let customers know whether the card is included. Don't dismiss a bag simply because it doesn't have the card included. Not all bags are sold in the resale market with the card, as owners may have misplaced them. However, this in no way devalues a bag. The same goes for sleeper bags. While it is nice to have them, remember purchasing the bag itself is the main objective. Often times a reduced rate is applied to these bags. Just make sure the other features signify an authentic bag.
When shopping online and adding to collections, frequent stores that not only carry favorite designer bags and shoes, but specialize in them as well. For example, Chanel is by far one of the most recognized handbags today. If favoring Chanel bags and shoes, then shop at stores that carry these fashions as the main products. By specializing in one or two fashions, the shop owners are more than likely to be experts in those fashion lines and will not only be able to offer the finest and latest styles, but carry a full line of accessories to match.
Fortunately, today great deals are available on the Internet. Whether it is last season's styles for a few hundred less or a pre-owned bag in pristine condition, for sometimes a few thousand off, online shopping saves time and money. Stop by Chanel & More to see some of the latest Chanel fashions http://luxury.malleries.com/