News By Tag
News By Location
VOIspeed Version 4.3.14 now officially released
VOIspeed's latest software release Version 4.3.14 provides VOIspeed IP telephony users with Call Parking Tandem Operation (2 peripherals, 1 login); SMS text messaging; a 'Who calls Whom' feature especially useful for call centres, and much more!
By: VOIspeed Ltd
1) Call Parking: this feature is available on soft-clients and SIP phones and enables users to park and pick up calls from any extension. Ideal for companies with multiple sites, warehouses or offices, this new functionality helps manage and distribute calls more effectively.
2) Tandem Operation: thanks to a login with the same user name and password on two separate peripherals, the user can utilise at the same time a USB audio device (phone or headsets connected to a PC running the VOIce Client) in combination with a SIP phone. Both phones ring and change status simultaneously.
3) SMS text messages: VOIspeed PBX users can now send SMS text messages from VOIspeed Client to any mobile phone. PRONTO Pro 4.3.14 enables the use of HTTP/S services offered by SMS providers. The only prerequisite is the availability of an SMS carrier.
4) Extended user profile: in the user section of the server, additional information can now be added to each extension, providing further details on, for example:
duration of user login
complete duration of user conversations (to the nearest minute)
number of calls made by each user
5) Extended support to V-6017 (FXO): Version PRONTO Pro 4.3.14 combined with the new firmware for the VOIspeed FXO (version 220.127.116.11 and subsequent releases) optimises the functionalities of this extremely versatile hardware gateway.
6) 'Who Called Whom' feature: with this new functionality you can now quickly list all inbound calls to any extension coming from a specific external number. Similarly you can list all calls to an individual external number from any internal extension. To activate this feature, simply right-click on the main panel of the VOIce Client (showing destination number and time) during an active call and select 'who called whom'. The system will automatically open a new window with the report.
7) Increased echo cancellation and enhanced audio quality: version 4.3.14 offers enhanced compression algorithms to better suit UK ISDN and PSTN lines that present longer echo delays. Furthermore, an improved volume control ensures USB devices such as phones or headsets are always correctly aligned to the right volume setting.
Should you be interested in upgrading your system to this new release please contact your VOIspeed reseller or contact VOIspeed directly. Once installed, we would also welcome your feedback on this new software release.
# # #
VOIspeed Ltd manufactures and distributes software-based IP phone systems that can substantially improve company productivity. The technology combines excellent quality and value, providing a feature-rich platform for innovative telephony applications.