News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Workplace Ergonomics Expert Speaks at National Ergonomics Conference
Dr. Barry Carlin, the President of Best Performance Systems, was a featured speaker at the prestigious National Ergonomics Conference this year presenting “An Integrated Approach to Increase Productivity and Reduce Injuries 50-90%”.
By: Barry Carlin
The National Ergonomics Conference is the most prestigious event in the country on reducing injuries and increasing productivity in the workplace. Held December 2-5 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, it brought together The State of the Art techniques, expertise and products, and many of the top companies from throughout the world, to benefit from that knowledge.
Dr. Barry Carlin, the President of Best Performance Systems, was a featured speaker, presenting “An Integrated Approach to Increase Productivity and Reduce Injuries 50-90%”.
“If you have a system to evaluate the workplace, customize the program, and integrate all the necessary elements.” says Carlin, “then virtually eliminating injuries is easy and predictable in all companies.”
His company, Best Performance Systems has a 100% success rate since 1992, and for the last 8 years averages a 50-90% injury reduction. As Carlin explains, “What makes the BPS system unique is a systematic approach that evaluates your current workplace problems and determines desired conditions, and then develops a bridge from where you are to where you want to be.”
The unique foundation of this system are the following 6 steps, which are customized for each department in the company. They are easy and do not require much time to implement and maintain.
1. Assess the equipment, worker habits, culture, history, procedures etc. and customize the program
2. Train workers: Motivate them to change their habits, customize their tools and technique to make work more efficient and feel easier. They also learn simple 3 second stretches to do throughout the workday. They do them because they feel better instantly
3. Train supervisors:
4. Incentive & reminder programs that support the good habits already learned. These are fun, daily, and also improve morale and productivity.
5. Management controls to know if the system is being used by all parties
6. A Kaizen approach of continuous improvement through evaluation and small changes.
The System utilizes Behavior Modification Training techniques, to actually get workers to change their habits, even when there are no supervisors around, and Accelerated Learning Techniques, to cause them to enjoy learning, understand and remember long term.
# # #
About Best Performance Systems: Best Performance Systems is a consulting company based in California, specializing in workplace ergonomics, with trainers throughout the country and Europe to implement programs. They partner with companies to develop, implement and maintain a system to reduce injuries and improve productivity, as well as assist organizations with the necessary training and resources to implement the system themselves. The predictable results allow them to base much of their compensation on savings realized in many cases. Learn more about BPS at http://bestperformancesystems.com