News By Tag
News By Location
28 Pounds of Weight Loss in 10-Week Clinical Study!
Life Extension® Introduces Natural Weight Management Breakthrough
Life Extension introduces Integra-Lean™
4) And most significantly, Integra-Lean™
Leptin is a hormone that tells our brain that we have consumed enough calories and can stop eating. Leptin also induces a process whereby fat stored in cells is broken down. As we age, our cells (including the appetite control center in our brains) become “leptin resistant.” This means that leptin is unable to effectively regulate body weight.
Fat cells produce C-reactive protein (CRP), a pro-inflammatory compound that leads to “leptin resistance.”
In the first placebo-controlled human study, conducted in Cameroon in 2005, those receiving a crude ‘1st generation’ extract of Irvingia gabonensis at a dose of 1.05 grams three times per day lost 12.3 pounds in 30 days … and reduced their cholesterol level by 39%, reduced LDL 45%, glucose 32% and triglycerides 45%.
At a recent scientific conference held on food-based ingredients, the results of the latest Integra-Lean™
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
1. Curr Hypertens Rep.2008 Apr;10(2):13-
2. Front Biosci.2007 May 1;12:3531-44 Review.
3. Obesity.2006 Aug;14 Suppl 5:254S-258S. Review.
4. Lipis Health Dis. 2005 May 25;4:12
5. 5th International Conference on Functional Foods, Baton Rouge, LA. October 17-19, 2008.
6. Oben J., The Potential use of an extract of Irvingia gabonensis (IGOB131) in the management of Obesity and metabolic syndrome in Cameroon. 5th International Conference on Functional Foods for Chronic Diseases: Obesity & Related Diseases. Presented 2008 Oct 17.
# # #
About the Life Extension Foundation
The Life Extension Foundation has been funding and reporting cutting-edge disease prevention and anti-aging research since 1980. It was first to recommend the use of low-dose aspirin to prevent heart attacks, CoQ10 to promote heart health, melatonin to boost the immune system, and first to report that synthetic estrogen and progesterone in combination can potentially heighten hormonal cancers in women.