News By Tag
News By Place
Tiffany And Co Jewellery History
Tiffany & Company life in 1837 as Tiffany & Young, named after founders Charles Tiffany and John Young. In the beginning, the store was located at 259 Broadway in New York City and dealt in stationery and fine goods.
The company soon racked up many achievements with Tiffany jewelry, particularly its diamonds. In 1878 Charles Tiffany bought the Tiffany Diamond, one of the biggest and best yellow diamonds the world has ever seen. The original stone was cut to 128.51 carats with 90 facets. The diamond is displayed at our tiffany jewelry store to this day, so that Tiffany's patrons can admire its unique beauty. Not long after, the company introduced an innovative diamond ring setting that has been copied the world over. Instead of setting the diamond into the band, Tiffany jewelers used six prongs to raise the diamond off the band. This showed the diamond off better and allowed it to catch more light. In 1887 Charles Tiffany obtained some of the crown jewels that had belonged to French royalty, earning him the nickname the "King of Diamonds."
Changing of the Guard
In 1902 Charles Tiffany's son Louis Comfort Tiffany and co opened an art jewelry department in the company to create innovative, artistic jewelry designs and later became the firm's artistic director upon the death of his father. With Louis at the helm, the company continued to prosper and make a name for itself.
In 1940 Tiffany & Co. moved to its famous building on 57th Street in New York City, where it remains to this day. It wasn't until 1963 that Tiffany ventured outside of New York and opened a store in San Francisco. In 1972 the company opened its first international location in Japan, and in 1986 established a European presence with its London store.
Tiffany jewelry online shopping on http://www.buychinawholesale.co.uk
Tiffany & Co. is known for its upscale, high quality jewelry and its designs have long been favorites of the well-to-do. There are many categories of Tiffany jewelry, including:
* Designer - Tiffany has enlisted top designers to create extraordinary jewelry designs, including Frank Gehry, Paloma Picasso, Jean Schlumberger and Elsa Peretti.
* Engagement - Tiffany offers a range of elegant engagement rings, with a choice of original settings and a variety of diamond shapes and sizes.
* Silver - The company sells fun sterling silver jewelry
in shapes like locks and hearts.
* Men's Jewelry - Tiffany's men's collection includes cuff links, cuffs, rings, pendants, chains, leather and rubber necklaces, watches, titanium jewelry and more.
* Brooches - Brooches come in styles ranging from classic floral patterns to whimsical lobsters and dragonflies.
* Pearls - Pearl rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces are available in both simple and elaborate, unique designs.
* Charms - With gold charms shaped like apples, airplanes, cameras and birthday cakes there's something for every taste!
* Wedding Bands - Tiffany carries an extensive selection of wedding ands, from plain bands of gold to diamond encrusted platinum.
* Diamonds - Although the King of Diamonds is long gone, the diamond tradition at Tiffany is going strong. Tiffany offers several collections of diamond Tiffany jewelry and engagement rings, each with a distinct look. There are the delicate flower designs of the rose collection, the round brilliant diamonds and platinum settings of the swing collection, diamond encrusted stars in the stars collection and much more.
# # #
China wholesale product Jewelry Factory plays the part of Scientific management, quality the first, client the first, in good credit takes own enterprise spirit.