GTI’s Annual Global safety day focuses on stakeholder engagement
Gateway Terminals India conducted its Annual Safety day today. The focus was the engagement of all the GTI stakeholders including trucking companies and all employees.
By: Ashish Samal
“Safety is the utmost priority at GTI,” said Arvind Bhatnagar, GTI’s CEO. “This safety program focuses on engaging all our stakeholders and partners in the fold of our safety culture for making our work environment safer, healthier and happier”.
While addressing on the occasion, Prakash Tulasiani, GTI’s COO said, “I believe, we can celebrate financial success only when we have ensured highest safety standards and integrated the safety culture in all aspects of our work. It is our constant endeavor to make our world safer, healthier and happier.”
GTI’s HSSE- Key Highlights!
• State of the art environmentally friendly equipment- The Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes (RTGCs) for example, have been made ECO–Friendly by using eco-drive technology which saves energy by a recycling mechanism. Also Low sulphur high speed diesel (HSD) fuel is used in all equipments ensuring significantly lower levels of carbon emission.
• Conducting regular training drills and education to all terminal staff – latest crane simulator to augment crane operator skills
• Rigorous adherence to safety rules by all –donning Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) mandatory in the operational area
• Use of imported safety gear –Imported Anchor Wands from Canada which are used by lashers onboard vessels protecting them while working at heights.
• Active near miss reporting and follow-up
• GTI was recently given a “Gold Level Of Excellence” by APM terminals.
# # #
Gateway Terminals India Pvt. Ltd
Gateway Terminals India (GTI), part of APM Terminals’ Global Terminal Network, is a Joint Venture between APM Terminals and CONCOR. The facility, India’s largest container terminal, is an exemplary model of successful Public/Private Partnership and terminal operation efficiency. GTI is strategically located at Nhava Sheva (Mumbai), India’s premier gateway port, serving the commercial and financial hub of Mumbai.
APM Terminals is a leading global container terminal owner and operator providing world-class service to over 60 shipping lines with a Global Terminal Network of more than 50 terminals in 31 countries and on five continents. APM Terminals is a member of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group of Denmark and is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. www.apmterminals.com