News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Construction World Awards India’s Top Builders, Architects
The 3rd Construction World Architect & Builders Awards were distributed by the Governor of Maharashtra to recognize exceptional work done by Architects and Builders in various aspects of infrastructure and real estate industry.
By: Spin Communique
The winners, selected through a perception mapping process, were finalized after an exhaustive survey conducted among professionals within the construction and architecture industry. “The highlight of CW Architect & Builder Awards 2008 is that it is recognition and admiration by peers. The awards are given by the industry to the industry. The value of the awards is highlighted by the fact that over three hundred senior representatives from the industry congregated at the ceremony,” says Pratap Padode, Managing Director, ASAPP Media Information Group.
Russell Gilchrist from Skidmore, Owings & Merril, designers of Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world who took a marathon flight from Chicago to be present at the occasion and deliver the key note address gave an insight into how sustainable buildings are engineered, he said, “Sustainable buildings though demand a marginally larger investment in the beginning, turn out to be more cost-effective in the long run, because of energy saving.” Thereafter, he demonstrated through the case study of Pearl River Tower, how it can also be space saving.
One defining moment at this year’s Construction World Architect & Builder Awards was Mumbai’s Sheriff Indu Shahani nonchalantly asking a leading builder and recipient of an award, when developers would take a cue from the Tata Nano and offer people the Rs 1-lakh house!
Commenting on the awards, His Excellency S C Jamir said the awards acknowledge the outstanding work by the builders and architects and further spur them to work for higher standards.”
The Construction World Architects & Builders Awards 2008 was supported by the Builders Association of India (BAI) and Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry (MCHI) and represented by national and international firms. Pratap Padode, who has been instrumental into getting the awards constituted adds, “Our consistent efforts in documenting success, recognizing talent, addressing pertinent issues, and creating the awakening for a transparent and well-governed industry are bearing fruit in the form of a community that is more forthright about sharing information.”
LIST OF WINNERS - ARCHITECTS (Alphabetically)
1. Abhin Alimchandani - Stup Design Forum
2. Arunjot Singh Bhalla - RSP Architects Planners & Engineers (India) Pvt Ltd.
3. Hafeez Contractor - Architect Hafeez Contractor
4. I M Kadri - Kadri Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
5. Kamal Malik - Kamal Malik Architect
6. Noshir Talati - Talati & Panthaky Associates Pvt. Ltd.
7. Prem Nath - Prem Nath & Associates
8. Raja Aederi - Raja Aederi Architect
9. Sanjay Puri - Sanjay Puri Architect Pvt. Ltd.
10. Shahrukh Mistry - Mistry Architects
LIST OF WINNERS - BUILDERS (Alphabetically)
1. Brigade Group - M. R. Jaishankar, Managing Director
2. DLF Group - Rajiv Singh, Vice Chairman
3. Godrej Properties - Milind Korde, Managing Director
4. Hiranandani Developers - Niranjan Hiranandani, Managing Director
5. K. Raheja Corp - C. L. Raheja, Chairman
6. K Raheja Universal - Ashish Raheja, Managing Director
7. Kalpataru Constructions - Mofatraj Munot, Chairman
8. Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. - Cyrus Mistry, Managing Director
9. Sobha Developers - P N C Menon, Chairman
10. Unitech - Sanjay Chandra, Managing Director
# # #
Spin Communiqué is corporate reputation management consultancy to assist in the image enhancement of clients. With offices in India and Middle East Asia, it has helped over sixty national and international brands. It is an ideas agency.