News By Tag
* Why Take A Cruise
* Taking A Cruise
* Who Wants To Cruise
* Motive To Take A Cruise
* First Time Cruising
* First Time
* More Tags...
News By Place
18 Reasons Why People Take Cruises?
These 18 reasons are why people take cruises for. There are many things a cruise vacation can work wonders to enjoy the best value compared to other types of vacations. Cruising has the highest satisfaction rate compared to land-based resorts.
By: Kenneth Chow, ACC of Cruise Planners of Brooklyn
These 18 motives that seem predominate why people take cruises:
1. A cruise is a hassle-free vacation? On a cruise, you pack and unpack only once. There’s no driving around, looking for your hotel, or wondering where you should eat next. The cruise experience minimizes your concerns, melts away your stress, and maximizes your actual vacation time.
2. A cruise takes you away from it all. “It’s different out there ….?” So went one cruise line’s promotional slogan. Smog, pollution, stress, traffic, alarm clocks, beepers, ringing telephones, chattering fax machines– these are not what a cruise is all about. Cruises are instead about water, sea, sky, and landscape-the simple things that touch us so deeply.
3. You’re pampered like nowhere else. Breakfast in bed, lounging on deck, soaking in a hot tub, afternoon tea, perhaps champagne and caviar, and the most ever-present and gracious service you’re ever likely to experience – these are rare in our everyday life but commonplace on a cruise.
4. You can do it all – or nothing at all. Most cruises provide a vast series of choices, the kind that enable you to pick, choose, or pass up as you wish. Your day might start with morning exercises on deck, yoga in the gym, or dance lessons in the lounge, followed by breakfast. After eating, maybe it’s a cooking class or a port lecture. You might choose to watch a new movie or learn a new sport…. And all this before lunch. But no one will pressure you. You can sleep in until noon or snooze in a deck chair. It’s all up to you.
The level of planned activites also varies from ship to ship and from cruise line to cruise line. People who like plenty of things going on can certainly find a cruise that fits the bill. On the other hand, more independent types can select a cruise that features a very relaxed experience with very little structure.
5. You can sample a broad geographic area. A cruise usually covers a vast area, stopping at the most interesting places along the way. This is why the majority of cruisers, according to a CLIA study, consider a cruise vacation to be a good way to sample vacation spots that they may want to return to later for a resort vacation. A number of destinations are in fact best visited via a ship. Some examples: Alaska, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, the islands off Southeast Asia, and the fjords of Norway.
6. A cruise is something “new.” Many people are tired of taking the same old trips, so they like trying out new vacation experiences. Since the vast majority of people have never been on a cruise, the desire to have a fresh “adventure”
7. Cruises offer a huge variety of events, activites, and meals. See a show. Snooze lazily by the pool. Jog. Learn. Swim. Shop. Dine indoors or out, casual or elegant, 7 times a day if you want. Explore a port or stay onboard. Cruises these days are about choice. Of course the size and “personality”
8. A cruise faciliates shopping. Each port has its own shopping opportunities (often duty-free), as does the ship itself. (A wide selection of onboard boutiques is becoming increasingly common.) Plus, you don’t have to haul your purchases around as you go from place to place.
9. It’s easy to make friends on a cruise. Meeting new people on a cruise is simple. Opportunities to socialize seemingly are endless. Many of the people you meet will share your interests-that you chose the same ship, cruise, and destinations assures it. And some of these friendships may endure well beyond the cruise.
10. Cruises lend themselves to groups. If you take a cruise with people from an organization you belong to (e.g., a college alumni trip), you’ll see old friends and meet new ones. If it’s a theme cruise (e.g., a jazz-themed departure), you’ll meet people you have plenty in common with.
11. A cruise is a romantic experience. It’s amazing how many films, plays, songs, and books use cruises as the setting for romance. Cruises have a way of breathing new energy into an old relationship, or of setting the stage for a new one. (A Cosmopolitan survey concluded that 80% of cruisers feel more amorous at sea. It concluded many other things that we will not go into here…)
12. A cruise is a learning experience. Even if your goal is merely to have a good time, you’re almost sure to learn something new about the ports you visit. On many cruises, expert lecturers onboard give “enrichment”
13. There’s a cruise that can satisfy virtually anyone. As you’ve no doubt concluded by now, just about everyone-families, singles, clubs, church groups, young people, old people, lovers of sports, lovers of knowledge, and more– can find a cruise to be fulfilling. Few other vacation experiences can make that claim. And it doesn’t even have to be a vacation. Many companies hold their meetings, retreats, or incentive events on ships. Some charter the whole vessel.
14. It’s a great way to celebrate a special event. People on their honeymoon, couples celebrating their anniversary, or those enjoying a birthday all find a cruise to be especially fulfilling.
15. Everybody’s talking about how wonderful cruises are. Cruising is an “in” thing. Everyone seems to talk about cruises– and that’s being reinforced by many TV shows and movies. Several studies indicate that word-of-mouth from relatives, friends, and acquaintances is a prime reason consumers choose to cruise. And several experts argue that a “hidden” reason for people to go on cruises is so they can brag about it when they get back.
16. Cruises represent a safe travel experience. In an age when crime or terrorism happens far too easily, a cruise represents one of the safest vacation choices available. The ship’s environment is highly managed. Anything out of the ordinary is swiftly noted. Passage onto and oof the ship is strictly controlled. Professional often check the vessel’s hull while in port-even underwater. Luggage is scanned. And vessels have safety and construction features that make problems very unlikely.
17. It’s a fabulous value for the money. When you compare what you get for your cruise dollar to what you’d pay for a similar land-based vacation, you discover quickly that a cruise is a remarkable bargain. Since consumers regularly rate cruises higher than other vacation choices, a cruise’s value becomes keenly apparent.
18. You know what you’re paying in advance. A cruise generally is an inclusive vacation. When people pay for their cruise experience, they know upfront what the majority of their vacation will cost. Rarely is this so for other sorts of trips. For example, a family driving through Southern Europe will probably know what their air, hotel, and car rental costs will be. But the cost for food, drinks,gas, tolls, and entertainment is quite unpredictable. These items could easily add 50 percent to the cost of the trip.
To learn more about booking a cruise with a Certified Cruise Counsellor, please call Kenneth Chow, Accredited Cruise Counsellor (ACC) of Cruise Planners at 800-839-7135, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nycvaluecruise.com.
# # #
Cruise Planners has a tremendous reputation for quality, service, and very competitive pricing. Due to our high sales volume, our buying power enables us to offer you the opportunity to cruise in style at the best values available, while still receiving the best service in the cruise business.
Buying travel over the Internet can be a bit mysterious - we'd like to put your concerns at ease. Cruise Planners is a licensed, bonded, and insured agency. We are members of CLIA (Cruise Line International Association)
When Cruise Planners arranges your cruise, you can feel confident that you are receiving an exceptional cruise vacation. Our goal is to work extremely hard to ensure that your cruise experience meets your needs and exceeds your expectations. We offer best values afloat with exceptional service and look forward to assisting you with all of your cruising needs.