News By Tag
* Iso 9001
* Iso 13485
* Iso/ts 16949
* Tl 9000
* Iso 14001
* Iso 27001
* Iso 20000
* Iso 22000
* Six Sigma
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
News By Place
July 2008 - Whittington e-Newsletter on Quality Topics
This issue of the monthly Whittington e-Newsletter provides articles on 1) Code of Ethics for Consultants, 2) Outsource Your Internal Audits?, 3) FMEA 4th Edition, 4) ISO 9001:2008 Status, and 5) ISO 38500 for IT Corporate Governance.
1. Code of Conduct for Consultants. If you are a consultant, you should adopt a Code of Ethics to communicate your intentions and guide your actions.
2. Outsource Your Internal Audits? If your internal audit program is difficult to manage, and you wonder about its effectiveness, maybe it's time to consider outsourcing it.
3. FMEA 4th Edition. The new Potential Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Reference Manual can improve the management of risks associated with product and process failure modes.
4. ISO 9001:2008. The ISO/DIS 9001:2008 has been approved and the proposed standard is being submitted for voting as a Final Draft International Standard.
5. ISO 38500 for IT Corporate Governance. This standard provides a framework for effective governance of IT to assist top management in understanding and fulfilling their legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations in the use of Information Technology.
6. Class Schedule. Whittington & Associates offers more than 30 courses on understanding standards, implementing systems, developing documentation, and conducting audits. See this article to locate a class near you.
# # #
Whittington & Associates was established in 1993 and has become a recognized performer in the training, consulting, and auditing fields. This success is based on our commitment to meeting customer needs in a cost-effective way. We bring new ideas and enthusiasm to every project.