News By Tag
News By Location
Modern day Adventurers to run the World
Jesper Olsen from Denmark and Sarah Barnett from Australia to commence 40,000km run around the world on 1st July 2008
By: Phil Essam
• The run will commence from the Nordkapp Visitor Centre in Norway after a Press Conference. The Press Conference commences at 12.00 midday and finishes at 12.45pm
• The run is scheduled to end on the 17th September , 2010 at Port Aux Basques in Canada.
• In between the two runners will run through Europe to the southern tip of Africa. They will then fly to the southern tip of South America before commencing their run north. This will involve running through 29 countries enroute.
• Jesper Olsen and Sarah Barnett are both accomplished ultrarunners who have completed with success in Ultra races around the Globe.
• They are aiming to set a new World record for the “World’s Longest Continuous Run” and will be maintaining strict record keeping procedures throughout the run.
• The run is being sponsored by ECCO, LifePilot, ABC – Kids and Planet Ultramarathon.
• More information about the Run is available about the run at http://www.worldrun.org
• Further information can also be obtained from Jesper Olsen on +4530637688 , Phil Essam on +407830263 or Erik Nossum on +47 975 26 031
If you would like to attend the Press conference at Nordkapp Visitor Centre in Norway, please could you advise Erik Nossum on firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 975 26 031 with numbers.
WORLD RUN LOGISTICS CO-ORDINATOR