News By Tag
* Blinds For The Living Room
* Blinds For Kitchen
* Blinds For Bathroom
* Venetian Blinds
* Wooden Venetian Blinds
* More Tags...
News By Place
How To Choose Window Blinds
Its often hard to decide which blind type will be best suited to each room of your home, therefore Blinds-Supermarket are offering a handy guide to picking the best blind for your needs.
By: Blinds Supermarket
You need to think carefully when choosing blinds for the bathroom, as condensation can be a problem affecting the type of blind you choose. Blinds-Supermarket recommend Roller blinds or Venetian Blinds for this room; we have a great range of styles and colours so you’re bound to find one that’s practical and fits your décor!
Our top tips for bathrooms are:
• If your blind might get wet or damp consider a water resistant option
• Avoid heavy fabrics, if the environment is too damp they could collect mildew!
• Avoid using real wood instead consider Wood effect Venetian blinds .
For the bedroom, relaxing colours and soft fabrics are the key, plus keeping out the light for some extra lie-ins. Blinds-Supermarket recommend Roman blinds or Roller blinds. We have a range of blackout Roller blinds meaning you won’t get woken up as soon as the sun starts to shine in.
Our top tips for bedrooms are:
• Explore our blackout and dim out range of Roman blinds and Roller blinds for a better night's sleep!
• If your bedroom is already cluttered or heavily decorated choose a simple fabric, which can still look fabulous!
Like the bathroom you need to take into account humidity when choosing blinds for the kitchen. Blinds-Supermarket recommend Wood effect Venetian blinds for this room, these blinds combine the practical nature of Venetian blinds with the look of Wood Venetian blinds but without the dangers of the wood warping in humid conditions
Our top tips for kitchens are:
• Newer houses are often built so that the kitchen gets a lot of sunlight, remember this when considering how you will use your blind.
• Avoid heavy fabrics as these can absorb the moisture or heavy cooking smells.
• If your blind is likely to frequently get splashed choose a blind you can wipe clean, for example a Venetian blind.
Living room blinds
Any type of blind is suitable for your living room, you just need to decide which one is your favourite! Blinds-Supermarket recommend Vertical blinds – great for providing privacy and light control, or if you want something more stylish try Wooden Venetian blinds.
Our top tips for Living rooms are:
• Consider your furniture - do you need to protect it from sunlight?
• For a more modern look consider our white Wooden Venetian blinds.
• Remember texture can help to create a great overall feel