News By Tag
* Walking Holidays
* Cycling Holidays
* Holidays In France
* No Fly Holidays
* More Tags...
News By Place
Top 5 No Fly Walking and Cycling Holidays in France with Headwater
With the debate on climate change escalating and both public and media attention on aviation increasing, we are finding more and more customers are looking at alternatives to flying when it comes to booking their Headwater holiday.
Here are the http://www.headwater.com top 5 choices for customers not wanting to fly this summer:
1. A walking holiday along Brittany's Emerald Coast. Your route starts and ends in the charming little market town of Lamballe - just 40mins drive from St Malo (2.5hrs from both Roscoff and Caen). You'll walk along deserted coastal paths, through shaded forests and above magnificent white beaches, hardly touched by tourism. There are a wealth of historic sites to visit too: mediaeval Dinan, Fort de la Latte and the C13 Chateau de la Hunaudaye dating back over 800 years.
2. If you fancy gentle pedalling along traffic-free country lanes and quiet coastal roads, then our 6-night Bay's of Brittany Cycling holiday is well worth considering. A 6-night trip, it takes in beautiful beaches, wonderfully preserved villages and the ancient Breton capital, Quimper - it's a great choice for families with children. Lababan, where you'll spend your first and last nights, is less than 2.5hrs drive from the ferry port at Roscoff.
3. Headwater's Loire Gastronomic Cycling holiday appeals to gourmet cyclists looking for that bit of luxury at the end of a day! Gastronomic menus, fine wines, fabulous chateaux are just some of the highlights of this trip. Driving from Calais will take 4-5hrs, but why not hop on the Eurostar to Paris then catch the TGV (less than an hour) to Tours where we'll meet you? First class Eurostar/TGV travel also available - just call/email for a quote.
4. Launched in June 2007, the new fast-speed TGV service from Paris to eastern France has reduced the time of travelling to Alsace by 50%! Headwater customers interested in our 8-night independent Alsace Wine Trail walking holiday can catch the 08h54 Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris, lunch in Paris, then be in Alsace 2.5hrs later in time for dinner! Please call/email for our most up-to-date prices and availability.
5. And travelling by rail to the South of France this summer has never been easier either! Customers able to travel on Saturdays, between the 12 July and 13 September 2008 can take the 07h19 Eurostar from London St Pancras direct to Avignon - a panoramic journey taking just 6hrs. This service is particularly suitable for people travelling to, or from, our Provence Gastronomic Cyling and Landscapes of the Luberon Walking holidays.
Details of all the above cycling and walking holidays in France can be found on our website at http://www.headwater.com/