News By Tag
News By Place
Spanish Tax investigation priorities
For this year the Spanish tax authorities are going to focus on very specific areas for inspection. Some of them are related to international residents in Spain and are worth to consider.
The Tax Office publishes every year this Resolution, stating the areas of tax investigation focus for the tax year. This is a statutory obligation of the Tax Office according to Spanish Tax Law (Ley General Tributaria 58/2003, section 116).
During the last years we have seen an increased focus on non resident individuals with properties and operations in Spain.
The main areas of focus we have identified in this document are:
- Non Resident Tax due by non resident individuals owning property in Spain and not submitting the annual returns.
- Acquisitions, holding and sales of real estate property by non resident and applicable taxes to all those operations
- Related parties transactions with international companies and with Tax havens
- Real Estate activities with very low profitability over the years and assessment to ensure market prices are been reported in the returns
- Revision of Companies that have declared transactions in previous years according to the former property holding regime (Sociedades Patrimoniales)
# # #
Tax Precision is an international tax blog where clients, professors and tax advisers have an equal say.
The forum is moderated by Fernando del Canto .
Fernando is an International Tax Barrister (UK) and Abogado (Spain) and he manages the blog to ensure compliance with professional and OECD standards and recommendations.
In a complex multi-jurisdictional world, Taxprecision.com aims to move toward a common understanding on some of the main international tax topics.