News By Tag
News By Place
Voiceroute® Unveils Druid® A Powerful Open Source Unified Communications Server
Voiceroute officially unveiled its innovative open source unified communications platform - Druid OSE (Open Source Edition) and reviewed by Tom Keating of the TMCnet magazine, called Druid “powerful”.
Famous telecom blogger, Tom Keating of the TMCnet magazine, called Druid “powerful”
TMCnet is the world's most visited telecom news publication and online news site.
Druid is built on top of other proven open source projects including Asterisk, Dovecot and Jabber. Singapore-based Voiceroute designed Druid from the ground up to be a rich AJAX-based Unified Communications application that organizations can easily deploy and use for IP communications.
Druid combines voicemail, VOIP, mobile phone, fax and instant messaging. Druid also supports the widest range of IP handsets, Asterisk based hardware devices and gateways. It is designed to be manageable, scalable, reliable, and deliver high performance.
"Enterprise communications is broken." said Ming Yong, CEO and founder of Voiceroute. "Druid is the answer to a number of business communications nightmares from important customer calls going to voicemail to the nuisance of having to deal with separate fax and voice communications, from the license cost of proprietary IP handsets, unintuitive user interface, to prohibitive costs for IP migration and compliance.”
Voiceroute’s Druid UCS (Unified Communications Server) solves these problems for both end-users and administrators by providing an open unified communications platform that improves their business productivity.
With Druid, users can have unified logins to access their voicemail, faxes, instant messaging, web-portal, mobile-portal and soft-phone through a single login.
Deploying IP handsets in a Druid environment is simple: just plug the handset into the network and it will automatically be detected and configured. Extensions in Druid are flexible and can be attached to any phone at will. All faxes and voicemails from users can be accessed through rich AJAX web user portal with a wide range of end user telephony applications. Users can use Outlook or any other email client to check their voicemails and faxes as well.
Commitment to Open Source
Voiceroute has launched a worldwide open source community http://www.voiceroute.org Druid OSE aims to be the world's leading Open Source Unified Communications (UC) Project. We believe in "Open Source Unified Communications"
Innovation for the Administrator
The Druid Unified Communications Server is built with a focus on manageability, scalability, reliability and performance. It supports many different browsers and OS platforms, and allows system integrators and administrators to reduce headaches with IP communications deployment overhead significantly. Druid administrators benefit from features including:
• Plug & Play IP handset provisioning for Cisco, Polycom, Snom, Mitel, Aastra, Grandstream
• Hardware wizard that auto-detects and configures Zapata hardware from Digium, Sangoma, Rhino and Xorcom
• Complete AJAX based administration for auto-attendant, conference bridge,
• Extensive Shared Line Appearance (SLA) SIP/PRI/FXO trunk and station support
• VOIP trunk wizard to point and click configure SIP/IAX trunks from major VOIP providers
Innovation for the End-User
Druid brings significant innovation for the end user through our Druid web user portal – built on AJAX to bring communications to life. For example, users can now view and return any missed calls by just one-click, the user can customize their voicemail messages by having the phone call them! Druid users benefit from features including:
• Full-featured web user portal accessible from the mobile phone
• Web Unified mailbox for both faxes and voicemails
• Customized communications;
• One-click to call for all call records (missed, received and dialed)
• Call recording portal to manage extension’s recorded calls
• Mobile Bridging where the user’s cell phone can park, transfer and record calls
• Instant Messaging based call control and text messaging with support for Open source clients like Pidgin (formerly Gaim)
# # #
Voiceroute is a US and Singapore based communications software services company. Voiceroute is behind the world's leading Open Source Unified Communications project, Druid Open Source Edition (http://www.voiceroute.org)