News By Tag
* Event Planning
* Venue Research
* Event Research
* Vendor Selection
* More Tags...
News By Place
Seven Steps to Selecting the “Right” Meeting and Event Space Website
Choosing the right meeting and event space website when faced with planning business meetings in a hurry can make all the difference to transform a normally disjointed and time-consuming task into a seamless second nature.
For many, the planning of business meetings and events is a rush assignment requiring significant research, hundreds of details, dozens of contacts, countless decisions, less budget than what’s needed – and deadlines bordering on near impossible to achieve.
“Selecting the right meeting and event space website – like the selection of the right tool for any job – is critical,” according to Steve Robertson, Chief Technical Officer at Eventective (www.eventective.com)
Robertson offered the following criteria as a litmus test check list to use when selecting an online meeting and event planning website:
• Mission Critical Focus –A specialized or all-in-one meeting planning website beats the general search engines by providing research tools that compile venues by geographic location, room size, and venue detail.
• More Data, Diversity – More data, and a wide geographic vision, means more options. Look beyond the typical large metropolitan areas by using a resource offering searches that can be localized to suggest venues in surrounding towns and areas.
• Include the Non-Obvious–
• Details, Details – How “deep” is the research? Can the resource offer venue information with detailed data on meeting rooms, amenities, services, and accommodations – as well as pictures and website links, to help visualize the event onsite? This is especially helpful when considering out-of-town venues that can’t be visited beforehand.
• Related Services – Often, additional services, such as catering or entertainment will be required for the event, so information on such related services must also be available, accurate and immediately accessible from the resource.
• Ability to Directly Connect – Short-circuiting the standard, and lengthy, request for proposal (RFP) process is a major time-saver. Choose a portal that provides the option of directly contacting the right individuals at the venues being considered to further speed booking and confirming the space and date.
“The most important factor is to find the online service that best fits your needs. This will enable any planner to work smarter, not harder,” said Robertson.
Eventective (http://www.eventective.com) is the Web's most comprehensive meeting and event space website. With more than 25,000 visitors a day, Eventective is also one of the most popular venue search resources on the Internet. Eventective's listings feature 318,000 event spaces, 95,000 facilities, and 40,000 related service providers throughout the U.S. and include traditional hotel and restaurant-based properties as well as niche and special-interest facilities that are often not presented elsewhere.
# # #
# # #