David K. Liggett Admitted To The Federation Of Regulatory Counsel
Ragsdale Liggett Partner Joins Elite Multi-National Association Of Insurance Lawyers
• David K. Liggett, partner at Ragsdale Liggett PLLC, has been admitted to e Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Inc. (FORC).
• The Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Inc. (FORC) is an exclusive multi-national association of lawyers dedicated to excellence in the practice of insurance regulatory law.
• In order to be considered for admission to FORC, an applicant must be a lawyer in good standing with at least five years of experience in insurance regulatory law and must bill more than 50 percent of his or her time to insurance regulatory matters.
• Each applicant must be recommended by three insurance industry executives from unrelated companies who can attest to their skill and competency and must be interviewed by the FORC admissions committee.
• Liggett is one of only three lawyers admitted to FORC from the state of North Carolina.
“I consider it a great honor to be admitted to the Federation of Regulatory Counsel,” said Liggett. “My admission is an invaluable opportunity to continue my work with leaders in the insurance industry.”
About David K. Liggett:
David K. Liggett is a partner and member of Ragsdale Liggett PLLC’s business law department. A former litigator with extensive experience in commercial litigation, Liggett provides his clients with practical day-to-day counsel on business matters. He focuses his practice on corporate mergers and acquisitions and insurance regulatory law, representing insurance companies with licensing, compliance and other issues before the North Carolina Department of Insurance. Admitted to all North Carolina state and federal courts, Liggett is a member of the American, North Carolina, and Wake County Bar Associations. He is listed in The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, a publication which lists only those select law practices and law firms that have earned the highest rating and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field. Liggett holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. He resides in Raleigh.
About Ragsdale Liggett PLLC:
The law firm of Ragsdale Liggett PLLC is comprised of lawyers with extensive legal expertise across a broad range of practice areas. Known for their innovations in the arena of corporate law, Ragsdale Liggett lawyers are equipped to handle all of a business' legal needs, including formation, day-to-day business counseling, acquisition, disposition, merger and dissolution of companies ranging in size from small local businesses to national financial institutions and large international insurance conglomerates. The diverse real estate practice group at Ragsdale Liggett handles a wide variety of real estate transactions, from residential purchases and sales to all aspects of commercial real estate development, including entity formation, final project completion, complex public and private bond financing transactions, and the privatization of university student housing. Since its formation in 1972, the firm has developed an extraordinary reputation in the area of civil litigation and has enjoyed significant courtroom successes ranging from local state courts to the United States Supreme Court in areas with far-reaching implications, such as insurance/reinsurance coverage disputes, shareholder derivative actions, ERISA disputes, professional negligence defense, catastrophic personal injury defense and complex construction disputes. For more information please call (919) 787-5200 or view the firm's Web site at http://www.rl-
Ragsdale Liggett PLLC, David K. Liggett, Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Inc., FORC, North Carolina Law, Raleigh Attorneys, Corporate Law, Business Law, Real Estate Law, Litigation, Civil Litigation, Construction Litigation, Employment Law, Commercial Real Estate Development, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Insurance Lawyers,
MMI Associates, Inc.