News By Tag
News By Location
Teaching Kids Values - Success Stories Teach Success
The Holland Avenue Boys' story has been called, "a revealing portrait with ups and downs, heartbreak and hardship, camaraderie and conflict, joy and passion, love and reverence for a bygone era and spanning more than (60) years."
By: howard e. fischer
Based on the acclaimed film that played on over 50 PBS stations throughout the USA.
This is a different kind of success story.
Success is not always about wealth or fame.
For most, success is achieved through personal growth, satisfying careers, comfortable lifestyles and rewarding relationships.
This is a story for people of all ages -
- to provide something positive and uplifting
- to provide inspiration, not by famous movie, TV or sports stars, but by ordinary people
- to provide examples of the significance in ordinary lives so people can feel better about their own lives
- to provide youngsters with direction, motivation and experiences that illustrate how people order their lives and how parents can have more of an impact on the lives of their children
- to provide an understanding of what values, traits and thought processes are essential to the development of successful lives.
It is hoped that this book will change some habits, nudge people of all ages in the right direction and encourage them to explore ways to make their lives successful.
The Holland Avenue Boys: A Success Story
by Howard E. Fischer
Published by Sundog Ltd. Nashville, TN
Softcover, 176 pages with illustrations
Publication Date: September 2006
Web site: http://www.HollandAvenueBoys.com