News By Tag
* Information Lifecycle Management
* More Tags...
News By Place
Solix Technologies Achieves 2006 Goals and Gears Up For 2007
Leading ILM solution provider’s launch of next-generation data management solutions, new partner agreements and growth in customer base sets stage for a bright 2007.
“At the beginning of 2006 we set challenging goals to push us to deliver the most innovative, highest-value and feature rich data management solutions available,” said Sai Gundavelli, chief executive officer, Solix Technologies. “With the introduction of Solix ARCHIVEjinni with Google Enterprise Search, Solix ARCHIVEjinni for Oracle Process Manufacturing, and the only non-trigger based database archiving solution for Oracle E-Business Suite, we are positioned as the enterprise data management solution of choice in industries with mission critical data systems and 24x7 operations, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, financial services and telecommunications.”
In 2006 Solix introduced five new components to the Solix ARCHIVEjinni suite of solutions including:
• Solix ARCHIVEjinni for Email Archiving – In January 2006, the company introduced the Solix ARCHIVEjinni Email Archiving solution for, which enables companies to easily comply with Federal regulations such as SEC Rule 17a-3, HIPPA and Basel II.
• Solix ARCHIVEjinni Secure Test and Development Solution – The Solix ARCHIVEjinni Secure Test and Development Solution includes two new licensable features of Solix ARCHIVEjinni:
• Solix ARCHIVEjinni with Google Enterprise Search - Solix ARCHIVEjinni with Enterprise Search uses the Google Search Appliance and Google One Box to enhance the Solix unified data management software platform by adding content-specific search capabilities, making it easy to retrieve any type of data across production and archived instances, including ERP Reports.
• Oracle Validated Non-trigger Version of Solix ARCHIVEjinni - Solix introduced the industry's first Oracle validated non-trigger-
• Solix ARCHIVEjinni for Oracle Process Manufacturing - Solix ARCHIVEjinni for Oracle Process Manufacturing is the first active archiving solution specifically designed for Oracle Process Manufacturing and automates the entire data management and archiving cycle for process-based manufacturing.
According to Enterprise Strategy Group, a Milford, MA IT analyst firm, organizations will archive over 57,000 petabytes of database information, e-mail messages, and files over the next four years. “The amount of data being retained for active business reference, compliance, and corporate governance purposes is growing rapidly, said Brian Babineau an analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group. During 2006, Solix made significant progress across all aspects of its business model and technology innovation to help customers classify, archive, and leverage vast amounts of information.”
New Global Alliances and Standards
The company launched the Solix Global Partner Network in 2006 adding DBORA Consulting, InfomArt, Wipro Technologies, and Sierra Atlantic to its list of strategic partners.
With the expansion of the Solix Global Partner Network, companies such as DHL, Helen of Troy, Herbalife, Rediff.com, Traco, and the U.S. Department of Health are utilizing Solix solutions to help manage database and information management systems more effectively.
Solix continued to work closely with partners during 2006 and earned entry into the IBM System Storage Program. Thorough compatibility testing of the Solix ARCHIVEjinni with IBM storage environments was completed and Solix earned recognition as an IBM System Storage Proven Provider, providing customers the reassurance that the software provided by Solix is interoperable with IBM storage solutions.
Additions to Senior Management
Throughout 2006 Solix added to the depth and experience of its executive management team by naming Julie Lockner as its new vice president of sales operations for North America, and Dhananjay Bendre as vice president of sales operations for APAC and the Middle East, respectively. Lockner joined Solix from EMC and Bendre from Oracle India.