Balkan is also returning to Romania this year with a ski and boarding programme based at the superb resort of Poiana Brasov. In the year that the ABTA Convention visits Ljubljana, Balkan Holidays is also featuring winter sports holidays at Kranjska Gora, Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj in Slovenia, with flights from Stansted on Saturdays.
The brochure includes a host of special deals for families, first time skiers and regular skiers and snowboarders. New hotels in Bansko include the four star self catering Belvedere Holiday Club. The price for a seven night short break in Bulgaria starts at £244** per person.
A recent Post Office Family Ski Report found that Bansko in Bulgaria was the cheapest choice for family skiing on a budget while Kranjska Gora in Slovenia was judged the cheapest value family destination in the Eurozone.
“We have been able to keep many of the prices in the brochure at the same levels as last year, making it one of the best value skiing holidays available, thanks to Bulgaria’s non Euro status, “ said Rupert Diggins Sales and Marketing Manager, Balkan Holidays.
“Bulgaria is a perfect country to learn to ski particularly if you are a family, as there are so many enticing deals on offer,” he added.
Other highlights in the brochure include:
· Free WiFi in most hotels
· Helmet hire in Borovets, Bulgaria and Slovenia from £13 per person, per week
· 50% off ski or board equipment carriage
· Free night skiing or boarding in Pamporovo, staying at the Hotel Perelik
· Free lift passes at selected hotels in Bansko & Borovets, Bulgaria
· Free ski/board storage in Bansko
· 50% off full ski and snowboard packs in Borovets, staying at the Hotel Rila
· 20% discount on ski/snowboard services in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
· 15% discount on ski/snowboard services and packs in Pamporovo
Booking incentives include:
· Special offers on most hotels
· A low deposit of £70 per person
· Early booking discounts of up to £150 per couple
· Free child places – a great choice of family and child discounts
· Free luggage allowance of 20kg (10kg for infants) on Bulgaria charter flights
Departures are from six regional airports - London Gatwick, Heathrow, Bristol, East Midlands, Manchester and Newcastle to Sofia, Bulgaria and from London Stansted to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Flights to Bucharest, Romania, depart from Gatwick.
*On sale in travel agencies from 1st September 2014.
** Lead in price is for the three star Castle Apartments in Pamporovo, Bulgaria for 7 nights in a two bed self catering apartment based on 6 people sharing, departing March 13, 2015 from Heathrow. Price includes accommodation, flights and transfers.
For bookings go to www.balkanholidays.co.uk or Tel: 0845 130 1114
Bugsgang & Associates
Bugsgang & Associates