Here are a few tips on keeping your teeth white:
· A white tooth diet - avoid coffee, tea, colas, gravies, blueberry’s, red wine and smoking. If what you are putting in your mouth would stain a t-shirt, it will stain your teeth. Dig into foods that naturally clean your teeth: apples, raw carrots and celery and popcorn are all good choices for not only your overall good health, but work well to clean your teeth.
· A new toothbrush - Every couple of months you need to replace your toothbrush. Bristles can be worn down due to aggressive brushing which can reduce it’s effectiveness for removing food and particles (and also lead to tooth sensitivity)
· Whitening toothpaste and mouth rinses - these over the counter solutions are a good option if you remember to use them daily and are able to begin the process a few weeks away from a “big event”. If you want sparkly white teeth for a class reunion or a wedding, this option isn’t the best for you, and please be mindful that for some people these treatments lead to tooth sensitivity.
· Regular teeth cleaning appointments with our office.
· Floss. We keep talking about flossing because it really helps! Those tiny little bits that build up between your teeth can lead to discoloration.
How Dr. Tickner can help you:
· If you are serious about whitening your teeth, then please book a cosmetic dental appointment.
· Having your teeth whitened in our office has several advantages: results are faster and more noticeable, we can also offer products which may be less likely to cause tooth sensitivity.
· Custom Bleaching Trays - The Tooth Team will custom-fit trays ensure effective gel application over all your teeth. You wear the trays when it is convenient for you, during the day or while you sleep.
· Laser Teeth Whitening - this is a favorite treatment by patients. The results are immediate and significant. You will leave Dr. Tickner’s office with significantly whiter teeth.
White teeth are a huge component of a beautiful smile. We have seen an immediate boost in confidence and broader smiles from our cosmetic dentist clients. Please visit, and let the Tooth Team help you get a bright and white smile today.
Walter Tickner, DDS
Walter Tickner, DDS