“Greenfest is an important festival because we celebrate all things happening in our city to promote sustainability and we reaffirm our commitment to a positive future,” said Joseph Otis Minott, Esq., Executive Director. “It gives me an optimistic view to see these wonderful ideals in thousands of attendees, and I love to see the passion that Philadelphians have for our environment. Philadelphia has a lot to be proud of.”
Now in its ninth year, this popular event will provide a unique opportunity for 10,000-20,000 attendees to learn how to live life a little greener and healthier. Festivities will include live music from popular local bands, MOM’s Organic Market kid’s corner with eco-friendly crafts and music, organic food and drinks, a beer garden, handmade goods, innovative green businesses and products, a celebration of local sustainability innovators, ways to take action for clean air, and much more. Alongside that fun, 150+ sponsors, local businesses, supporters and vendors will help transform Headhouse Square into a festive, fun and educational outdoor marketplace.
* Shop for eco-friendly fashion, beauty, and home goods – including SteelCore organic workout wear, Soapbox Holistic soaps, and Glad Dog Nation recycled dog toys.
* Purchase one of a kind handmade art and crafts from eco-artisans such as Beaucycled upcycled jewelry and accessories, and Urban Textile Works prints.
* Enjoy a tasty surprise as you sample edible bugs including crickets on crackers and chocolate brownies made with flour made from ground bugs.
* Win exciting prizes like a Trek bike from Philadelphia Insurance Companies to make commuting greener AND more fun.
* Become educated and take action on critical environmental issues from leading advocacy groups.
* Pick up a free Philadelphia blue recycling bin for your home or office.
* Leave your ‘wheels’ with the complimentary bike valet courtesy of Philadelphia Insurance Companies.
* Clean out your closets and bring your clothing, accessories, toys, books and more to the Philly Swap at Greenfest Philly. Bring gently used clothing, toys and books for free entry into the swap area, or make a $5 donation (includes a free Philly Swap bag). Upon entry in the swap, you are free to roam and take what you’d like.
* Enjoy a rest and recharge station with refurbished chairs and furniture, free iced tea, coffee and solar powered chargers.
* Pamper yourself with chair massage and natural organic treatments from Eviama Life Green Spa and Boutique, the region’s green designed and operated all natural spa in the city.
FAMILY FUN IN MOM’S Organic Market Kids’ Corner
* Healthy Snacks from MOM’s Organic Market – Kids and parents are welcome to stop by MOM’s Organic Market’s booth for free samples and healthy snacks. Kids can also pick up their FREE Greenfest t-shirts (free to the first 200 children).
* Kids Play with Clay from 10:00am to 2:00pm - The Clay Studio will be hosting a group-sculpt in the MOM’s Organic Market Kids’ Corner. Kids will be invited to sculpt small objects with traditional clay materials and put them together, creating a large group sculpture.
* Frisbee Spin Art from 10:00am to 4:00pm - Always a Greenfest favorite, Tall Pines Day Camp will be helping kids to create colorful and exciting spin art on Frisbees.
* Kid’s Yoga, time TBA - Yoga Garden will be leading a yoga class just for kids! Creative thinking, flexibility, better health, inner focus, greater concentration, improved social skills and physical strength are just some of the benefits of yoga for kids.
* Rock Climb from 10:00am to 4:00pm - Kids and adults can catch climbing fever and try their hand at scaling a 25 foot rock wall.
Victory Brewing Company will be providing the beer for the Greenfest Philly Sustainably Brewed Beer Garden. Since opening the brewery in February 1996, Victory has emphasized environmental responsibility. As part of the brewing process Victory recycles the nearly 25,000 pounds of spent grain is generated every 24 hours through an an arrangement with a local farmer who takes this brewing by-product and feeds it to his farm animals.
Sample delicious, healthy, local and organic food from popular food trucks and local eateries.
* Farm Truck
* Kung Fu Hoagies
* Little Baby's
* Lil’ Pop Shop
* Local 215
* ACME Markets
* Bonjour Creperie
* Cobblestone Krautery
* The Twisted Tail
Local music is more sustainable than music that has to be shipped thousands of miles to your ears. In the Greenfest Philly spirit, Earth Jam 2014 features 4 of the most exciting emerging bands Philly has to offer. Music runs 11:00am to 3:30pm.
* West Philadelphia Orchestra
* Ron Gallo
* Pine Barons
* No Stranger
The Green Innovators Program, sponsored by SCA, has become a highlight of Greenfest Philly. Over the past three years, 22 local emerging sustainable businesses and organizations were honored and invited to participate. Hundreds of Greenfest Philly attendees are able to engage with and learn from these businesses and organizations and then vote for their favorite Innovator at Greenfest or online at http://greenfestphilly.org/
The 2014 Greenfest Philly Green Innovators:
* Bike Share Philadelphia
* Climate Tracker
* Cycle Philly
* Milkcrate Philly
* The GREEN Program
Greenfest Philly is presented by Clean Air Council, with support from MOM's Organic Market, Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY), PGW EnergySense, SCA, Waste Management, Zip Car, Amtrak, Aversa PR & Events, Enterprise Car Share, door door organics, Sustainable
Business Network, South Street Headhouse District, ConsolidatedSolar.net and AVRS.