· Gain the essential knowledge and skills required to help companies navigate an increasingly complex regulatory environment in relation to food items etc.
· Analyze how emerging developments and trends are reshaping food products regulations
· European Union from the Treaty of Rome until the present from the perspective of food regulation.
· The historic origins of and the necessity for a system of food regulation
· Other topics will include- enlargement of the EU and its impact on food regulation, EU Food Law, and the directional nature of the regulatory process, the principle of proportionality and the precautionary principle.
· Technological advances in food production, processing and packaging have lead to the evolution of a complex regulatory structure not only within the European Union but also globally particularly since the establishment of the World Trade Organization.
· the concept of the global regulation of the food supply and include regulation in North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia.
· The paper will also cover the major international organizations – WHO, FAO, Codex Alimentarius, WTO, OIE, IPPC and will address the nature of the relationships between the above.
· regulation of genetically modified foods including labeling, nutrition and health claims, rapid response to food emergencies, food borne disease outbreaks and emerging pathogens
· Food Industry Regulations
· Food Safety & Standards (Licensing & Registration)
· Indian Food Code or Food Categorization System
· Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities)
· International Codex Alimentarius
· Practical Regulatory aspects of commencing Food Business
·Food & Nutrition Regulatory Affairs
· The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
· The Food Safety and Standards Regulations,
· The concept of risk and then about the nature of risk in relation to the food supply.
· principles of risk analysis
· The process and elements of risk analysis namely risk assessment, risk management and risk communication in relation to food and will also include relevant aspects of toxicology.
· the nutritional aspects of the relationship between food and health
This qualification will lead to employment opportunities in government (EU and international)