PRLog - Aug. 25, 2014 - Just like mobile phone, if a 4G modem (http://www.4gltemall.com/
HUAWEI E398S-81 Logo
Huawei E398 (http://www.4gltemall.com/
1. Plug the Huawei E398 to your PC
2. Install the old driver that is already with the E398
3. Download the update driver for E398 here: http://speedy.sh/
4. Run the driver and follow the steps to update the firmware
5. On the third step, there is flash code required to proceed. On the website http://www.modemunlock.com/
6. Enter the flash code to process the update. After finished, your E398 is with new firmware now
What we have to mention is that on the step 5, you will also get the unlock code of your Huawei E398, if you want to unlock your E398, you can do it after firmware update. The website calculate your E398 unlock code, you note it and plug a SIM card that is different from the locked network, it will require unlock code to let them work together, now you can enter the noted unlocked code and get unlocked Huawei E398.
But if your E398 is already unlocked, it’s unnecessary to do the unlocking again. Any questions, welcome to leave your message on the blog.