Aug. 25, 2014
-- Just like mobile phone, if a 4G modem
is used for long time, there will be some errors such sudden connection terminated, no signal, don’t read SIM card, no response when plug in etc.. During this time, it’s necessary to update the firmware of the 4G modem and let it work well. This process is like the re-install the operation system in PC. After update, the 4G modem will connect smoothly, and quickly. In some case, the connection speed may increase obviously with same SIM card.Huawei E398
is one of the best 4G USB modem that was used by thousands of customers over the world. Some users may want to update the firmware of their E398 but can’t find the driver or don’t know the user guide to update. Today, we will give the guide how to update the firmware of Huawei E398, hope it would help our customer to have better surfing experience on 4G networks:
1. Plug the Huawei E398 to your PC
2. Install the old driver that is already with the E398
3. Download the update driver for E398 here: http://speedy.sh/jGaVd/E398-Update-11.335.31.00.000.B757.rar
4. Run the driver and follow the steps to update the firmware
5. On the third step, there is flash code required to proceed. On the website http://www.modemunlock.com/huawei.php
you can enter the IMEI number of your E398 and let it calculate, you will get the flash code
6. Enter the flash code to process the update. After finished, your E398 is with new firmware now
What we have to mention is that on the step 5, you will also get the unlock code of your Huawei E398, if you want to unlock your E398, you can do it after firmware update. The website calculate your E398 unlock code, you note it and plug a SIM card that is different from the locked network, it will require unlock code to let them work together, now you can enter the noted unlocked code and get unlocked Huawei E398.
But if your E398 is already unlocked, it’s unnecessary to do the unlocking again. Any questions, welcome to leave your message on the blog.