While the idea of Community Service or “giving back” is not new, it represents an important paradigm in today’s economic and social climate. We all know people who give of themselves to make our organizations and communities better. The award is one way to recognize and thank people who give of themselves to the community.
"It is important to acknowledge and support individuals who give back to the community. Our technology field and community is so much richer for it. We have been honored to support exemplary programs and individuals over many years at the conference", Dinesh Srirangpatna, Chair SoTeC 2014.
With this award we seek to:
- Recognize inspirational community service among technology professionals
- Promote the paradigm of community service among technology professionals
- Inspire others to action
Nominees should be:
- A technology professional
- Preferably a member of a technology professional organization (for example: PMI, IIBA, SCQAA, AITP, ITSMF etc.) but not necessary
- An individual who embraces technology to provide a community or volunteer solution
Any nominees must have performed the community or volunteer service within the last 18 months. Nominees will be informed of their nomination if selected as a semi-finalist to confirm their interest in receiving the award. The nominee will receive the award only with their approval. It is also possible to self-nominate yourself for the award.
Nominator will be responsible for:
- Submitting the nomination form
- Submitting additional references if available
- Submitting any additional information – text, audio, video, web pages – to support the nomination
- Participating in the awards presentation if their nominee is selected as a recipient of the award
Submit your nominations for the 2014 SoTeC Inspiration Award at
If you would like more information about the SoTeC Inspiration Award, contact the Award Committee at email@example.com. or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about the conference visit