This is the 25th bfa Franchisee of the Year Awards and the winners will be announced at a prestigious black-tie ceremony due to take place at Birmingham Town Hall on the 2nd October.
Terry has been shortlisted in the Olderpreneur Franchisee category, which aims to recognise those who have utilised their wealth of experience to run and grow a successful franchise. Other categories include best Young Franchisee, B2B Franchisee, Female Franchisee, Micro-Business Franchisee, and best Customer Service.
Terry will also have the chance to win the coveted Franchisee of the Year Award, which will recognise an overall winner from the 19 finalists across all of the categories.
Terry said: “I am very proud to have been shortlisted as Franchisee of the Year, which I won in 2007. I went to London last month and gave a presentation on what I have achieved from an entrepreneurial point of view, and the work that I do for the wider franchise network. I am really looking forward to the bfa award ceremony later this year, as it is a very enjoyable, slick and high profile event.”
Brian Smart, Director General, bfa, said: “This year the finalists excel in their sectors, demonstrating business drive and ambition. The shortlisted business men and women showcase the talent in franchising in the UK across a range of commerce, small and large. Their successes deserve to be championed, and we’re all looking forward to the judging process.”
15 years in business
Last month, Terry also celebrated 15 years with the Belvoir network. He opened his first Belvoir franchise in Peterborough in 1999 and has also owned Belvoir Cambridge since 2010.
“My team recently presented me with a plaque to celebrate 15 years in business, which was fantastic, and I would like to pay tribute to them as I really could not have achieved any of this without them,” says Terry. “It is my team that gives me the space and time to be able to do the things I do and to keep on taking the business forward.”
• Belvoir now have more than 160 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com (http://www.belvoirlettings.com)
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Belvoir. Dorian Gonsalves is Director of Commercial and Franchising. Dorian sits on the Board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 150+ offices nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, which was hosted by Phil Spencer, and won Silver in 2014. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information, or to request an interview with a Belvoir Lettings expert, please contact Sanchia Gorner, tel: 01780 749049/07912 558308 or email: email@example.com