“Glacial Balance” travels to South America to explore the effects of melting glacial reserves. Along with various scientists, the film crew discovers the chain reactions set off from disappearing glaciers all over the world. As they learn more about the consequences of melting glaciers, they interview multiple locals and highly regarded scientists to expose the truths of human impact on the environment.
The documentary teaches and reflects on the connections between humans and its surroundings. It stresses the urgency of environmental protection through the life stories of the local population between Colombia and Argentina.
The 90 minute film feature interviews from many highly regarded environmentalists and scientists including:
- Former Vice President Al Gore, "An Inconvenient Truth"
- Dr. Lonnie G. Thompson, Paleoclimatologist with 30+ years experience, Professor, Ohio State University School of Earth Sciences. Named one of Time Magazine’s “Heroes of the Environment.”
- Mark Casey, Author, "In the Shadow of Melting Glaciers." Assistant Professor of History, University of Oregon
- Maxime Litt, Glaciologist at IRD - La Paz, Bolivia
- Dr. Keith Mountain, Assistant Professor of GeoSciences, University of Louisville
- Dr. Paolo Gabrielli, Byrd Polar Research Center, The Ohio State University
“Glacial Balance” will be available for purchase on DVD at Amazon and Barnes and Noble starting on August 26.
Passion River specializes in film marketing and DVD distribution for unique documentaries, foreign movies, independent films and special interest titles to retail stores and libraries nationwide. Their non-exclusive film distribution business model allows producers to self-distribute their films as a way to reach major retailers and a wide audience. They also book films and talent for public performances and speaking events on college campuses across the country. For more information about their new films and events, please visit: www.passionriver.com